6 Player RtL

By tildesee, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hey there folk. New here, first post ;)

I was wondering if anyone here had tried out any house rules for a 6 player run of RTL (5 Heroes, 1 OL). Any suggestions you can make on updating anything, upgrading mosters, increasing CT total for Campaign Upgrade, adding more town equipment?

Thanks in advance all :)

tildesee said:

Hey there folk. New here, first post ;)

I was wondering if anyone here had tried out any house rules for a 6 player run of RTL (5 Heroes, 1 OL). Any suggestions you can make on updating anything, upgrading mosters, increasing CT total for Campaign Upgrade, adding more town equipment?

Thanks in advance all :)

Just have 2 players handle the OL duties. I wouldn't mess with having 5 heroes... too much of a headache. If you want to play a 6 player game, try something other than Descent.- Runebound, Twilight Imperium, Advanceed Civ, Seven Ages :-)

Adding a 5th Hero will make life VERY difficult for the OL in these smaller dungeons (LOS for spawning being the first obvious issue, let alone a bunch of others). As such, I wouldn't do anything that helps the Heroes. For the OL, I'd suggest that the only way the Heroes earn CPs is if they complete the 3rd Level of a dungeon. Keep track of CPs earned, but if the Heroes flee for any reason, they earn *nothing*. This will force them to go all the way down, which is where the OL has more of a chance of killing a few.

-shnar

Kylearan is or was running an RtL campaign with six players (overlord plus five heroes. You can find his house rules on his campaign page . It's something I'd call "try at your own risk". ;)

The first time I played Descent we had 5 heroes. The overlord just added one wound to each monster. It worked out pretty well. It took us 7 hours to play, but we ended up beating the overlord in the last room. I believe we played quest 5 from JitD. It's the one with 3 level,s and Tog was the master.

I played an rtl campaign against 5 heroes - as long as you only give them rewards equal to 4 heroes, you'll find it's actually an easier late copper/silver phase than normal rtl. The lack of resources makes them make really hard choices. Of course, if you let the game go to gold, as with any rtl campaign, you've probably lost. But up till the end of silver I thought my avatar had a chance (I was up 2:1 up till the start of gold, where the score no longer matters at all)...