How to Post a Pic (Well, on a MAC at least)

By Sergovan, in X-Wing

Ok, so I have seen requests by members on how to post pics here on the forum. I'll be honest, I only know how to do it for a MAC but you may be able to get the jist of it from here and work it out for a Windows system.

Step 1) find a pic you would like to post. It can be either one already online or one you have on your computer. If it is on your computer pay close attention to step 2.

Step 2) It must be posted online somewhere (as you need an address for it) to make it work. I have an account with BGG where I gallery all of my pics that I would like to post here. ask around and forum members will offer other sites that will host galleries for you. Upload your computer pic and get an address for it.

pic1990508_md.png

Step 3) Click on the green "Image' square in the bar of icons in the post window. pic1990504.png

(this green square icon)

Step 4) Paste image adress into the field and press enter. Your pic should show up in the window.

Hope this helps you out.

step two is THE problem that only THIS site has... It should be easy to post a pic from my OWN computer that I took with my OWN camera.. but its not... but I can grab any pics off the net and post them...

step two is THE problem that only THIS site has... It should be easy to post a pic from my OWN computer that I took with my OWN camera.. but its not... but I can grab any pics off the net and post them...

There have been one or two forums I have belonged to over the years that allowed direct uploading of pics, but they all put a pretty severe cap on just how much you could have hosted on the site. Virtually all of them have strongly encouraged people to link to pics hosted off site with photobucket or the like.

Image hosting on a forum is problematic, so FFG doesn't do it. There are plenty of really good services to do it.

I really like Flickr. The free account is functionally unlimited. Huge storage limit (1TB). They have a 'share' function that will spit out the necessary BBCode to post an image here and BGG that links back to the flickr page, without having to dig through anything or craft the tags.they have been around for a long time, so there is all kind of fun integration, like my AppleTV can do its screen saver based on a photo set on flickr. Silly things like that.

does flicker spam you?once you sign up with them?

There are email alerts you can enable for activity if you want. You can disable them. Nothing I would call spam in even the loosest way. They don't sell your contact info or anything. It's a Yahoo service. It's not in their interest to pull crap like that.

sounds good,, thx. I once signed up with one of the photo sharing sites, forgot which one but after that i kept getting spammed. but i guess it cant be any worst then FB or Goggle plus...

Thanks for the post, i appear to be cursed, no photo posted.