Runewars Hero Cards

By Budgernaut, in DungeonQuest Revised Edition

Does the revised edition still include Runewars hero cards for the DungeonQuest heroes? I hope it still does!

Not so sure, since some alternate models of thoses heroes will be in some packs of "heroes and monsters", it may include nor runewars, nor descent v2 heroes cards.

It's hard to tell from the picture if the revised edition is using the new sculpts or the old. I suppose if it uses new sculpts that would mean most of the DQ heroes have new sculpts that haven't been announced yet for D2E... but I'm sure they're coming anyway :P

I think it's safe to say that Revised DQ won't include D1E hero sheets or Runebound hero cards as both of those games are OOP nowadays. As such, I'd kind of expect them to remove the Runewars cards as well. Time will tell, though. I could certainly be wrong.

in pictures the olds models are shown

I fear you are right. It's a pity. Having Runewars/Runebound Cards would be the only reason for me to buy this game.

It may have the cards in, though. I'm wondering if the game will not came with a big spoiler, like sheets for Runebound V3.

Would be a real marketing blow !

Ideally, Runebound 3 would be coming out around the same time, and this game would include promo hero cards for it and Runewars. (The Descent 2 cards would be found in the Conversion Kit.)

Any update on that? Does the newest Dungeonquest include runewars hero cards?

I don't think it's fair to say the rules are copied and pasted. There are undeniably similarities between Runewars and TI3, but there are also substantial differences.Not that the point really matters all that much. After the rules have been written it's relatively cheap to reprint them, even if they're Torrent completely original. The only thing that would really impact the cost in that regard is how long they are, and RW's rules aren't terribly long.I agree that if any of the coffin boxes can be reprinted for an MSRP of $100, it would be Runewars. Of course, it would also be easy-peasy to reprint this game in a non-coffin box if they were so inclined. Just re-cut that one tile in two pieces and make a note that it still counts as one tile for all rules purposes. Maybe make a jigsaw cut so it interlocks to reinforce the idea. TurboTax Gogoanime

Edited by Okasimo0