Hello FFG, I would like to know if Death Angel is dead?

By Tolmortian, in Death Angel

Yeah, pretty much my topic, 4 years after release its still the game that pops up every week with my gaming group even the we still get our asses kicked half of the time, although we did implant the 30 seconds timer rule to make all the decisions and moves every turn, which really adds to the challenge.

Also, If you don't intend on supporting the game in the future could you please provide us with downloadable blank cards and the font used for the game so we can do our own expansions. pretty please.

Edited by Tolmortian

I would like to see more expansions for this game as well.

It would be nice to have expansions for Gears of War too.

Edited by Attercop, Attercop 1989

Lately I spotted this game on forums but after some research it seems that FFG abandoned this game. Am I right?

If so, is it worth buy what is available or would be better to focus on some other (solitaire) games?

Edit:

I grabbed every piece that was still available around the World.

Edited by c08

I do have the impression that with Conquest now out, this one will be on hold... for a while.

Edited by Koma76

I asked them ~5 months ago and they said they had no plans to release further expansions. It's a pity.

I've worked it into a rotating schedule, and it's a great way to unwind after work even if I don't get together with people. I love it. As a simple boxed game it's nearly perfect in that there will always be a challenge and the replay is crazy high.

I would *love* to see a single further expansion for the Dark Angels, adding two more combat teams and a few DA themed room 4s. I've played with ideas and if FF was willing to lock an intern in a room with the write up and their card format I'd throw money at them.

I'd love to see a Space Wolves or Ultramarines expansion pack. I see it reprinted every so often, so it must be selling enough to justify print runs.

As for expansions, they already have so many variety that any new chapters would probably just be re-themed and re-texted abilities. That said...I'd pick 'em up.

Love to see more POD stuff for this game. Great little game, for sure.

I just picked up the core game for something to play by myself. I travel a lot for work and thought it would be nice to have something to play while sitting in a hotel room. Should I pick up the expansion packs now or is the game plenty playable by itself?

You should pick up at least one of them, because they add a considerable amount of variety. Here's a bit of advice on how to choose:

- The Tyranid Enemy Pack replaces the generic genestealers with a variety of tyranid creatures with unique abilities and forces A LOT more decision-making into the game; it also gives you 4 alternative final locations. If you only get one expansion, it should be this one. It makes the game harder, tenser and more interesting.

- The Mission Pack gives you some extra rooms. You will need it if you play the game so much it starts to get stale.

- The Space Marine pack gives you 2 new teams. While the Cyclone ML is pretty dope, this pack is not necessary unless you start to get tired of the base teams.

- Finally, the Deathwind Space Marine Pack. This one is a must if you start to find the game too easy, because the 6 teams that come in it are noticeably weaker than the previous 8.

Edited by Johnny Favourite

Even if it is dead I find it a fairly complete game in it's current state (with the expansions)

I noticed it is available today on coolstuffinc.com

Guess it would be available other places as well.

Maybe with some luck and successful sales with the reprint they'll be willing to make some more print on demand expansions? Crazy talk?

I notice now that it says "On the Boat", so you should be able to buy a new copy this fall....

I found one copy new in my FLGS for about $25 a few days ago and bought it. I really enjoy it as a solo game, though I think the instruction manual could be (a lot) better written.

Bought the whole game (including expansions). It's a great alternative to the tabletop (miniature) game, especially when travelling. The solo play is great as well as with others.

Would love to see space wolves or ultra marines, although my favorite being deathwing, i am really happy with it :)

Arrived today :) looking forward to it :)

Hope you enjoy it as much as I have. It's a great game with a surprising amount of depth to it. The learning curve is steep, and it's as hard as hell at first. But, win or lose, it's a very intense and satisfying game to play.

Also this is one of those rare games that is actually better solo than multi-player. A single unified strategy is often the key to success. Enjoy! :)

Hope you enjoy it as much as I have. It's a great game with a surprising amount of depth to it. The learning curve is steep, and it's as hard as hell at first. But, win or lose, it's a very intense and satisfying game to play.

Also this is one of those rare games that is actually better solo than multi-player. A single unified strategy is often the key to success. Enjoy! :)

Thank you!

A few things attracted me to it:

1: Im an ffg card game fan

2: Been a Space Hulk fan since 1st ed (best ed)

3: Known finished card pool

So bought it :)

Have just bought into Star Wars lcg so may ne a while before I play Death Angel but looking forward to it.

Marines dying is nicely in keeping with 1st ed :)

I'm sure you will enjoy it then. Every game is a literal bloodbath! :lol:

But despite the high difficulty level the game never feels unfair or impossibly stacked against the marines. There's always a chance to win, and it's very satisfying when you finally do. It has that sense of a very well balanced game that has had me coming back to it again and again.

Just out of curiosity, do you plan on buying any of the POD expansions?

Edited by Lee418

I'm sure you will enjoy it then. Every game is a literal bloodbath! :lol:

But despite the high difficulty level the game never feels unfair or impossibly stacked against the marines. There's always a chance to win, and it's very satisfying when you finally do. It has that sense of a very well balanced game that has had me coming back to it again and again.

Just out of curiosity, do you plan on buying any of the POD expansions?

Already have the POD expansions, got those on ebay while I was awaiting the main game reprint :)

Thanks for the good game review, looking forward to it :)

Hello there,

I'm a huge fan of Space Hulk ( since the first edition... ) and i want more extensions for this very good adaptation into a card game.

Space Marine Pack about Space Wolves, Ultramarines.

Mission Pack 2 and 3 and... with... thinks about me !

I ve created new locations card, new terrain card, i ve the project to match a carnifex monster in the game. All material is in my mind, and really want to make it real BUT yes i'm not good to the art conception and a good print quality !

SO : Is anybody want to work with me to bring it on the table ?!

Thanks and good bloodbath in the depths of space hulk... :D