Yet Another Conversion...

By MyriadPro, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

Hi Everybodie,

In my spare time, I've gone and done that thing people seem to do so often: Convert the rules of one system to fit a different IP. After playing with a few friends for the first time, they immediately fell in love with the system and uttered, "I wish this system could be used for other genres."

"Like Elder Scrolls."

Being a big fan of the IP, I didn't take much convincing to get started on a conversion of the system and, good news, its finally in a playable state! /fanfare

Big Mega-Edit : Alright, I'm back! After an intense year of overwhelming non-game non-fun work, I'm back in the RPG game and updating all my old broken links (yay). First on that list is this old conversion. A few people brought to my attention that this system is actually being used by people. Which is good to know, but also means I should probably push all the updates I've since made.

The links below have been updated to the direct Google Drive directory for the whole publicly shared listing.

Updated Post Link

What's new?

Well, I haven't had an abundance of time to work on this, but I have completed:

• More of the bestiaries (Dwemer, Daedra, and Magical Creatures to name a few), edited some of the old entries after play tests.

• Diseases, Blessings, and Curses broken out into its own rule chunk. A few tables found diseases tedious, while others love it. Enjoy this in a now optional format ;)

• Minor overhaul to Magic. Changed some rules, some metamagic, and added a handful of new spell effects.

• Origins - Added a step to character creation - the Origin. Helps assign some starting skills to characters based on their background.

• Tweaks to the Archetypes (specializations) to help accommodate the above.

• Brand new Character Sheets that actually have all the skills on them this time. :)

As before, enjoy, play if you want. And if you find flaws/want to provide feedback, please do.

Edited by Kaalamity

Good deal!

I'm not really familiar with elder scrolls beyond knowing the basics. I'm a big computer gamer, just somehow have managed to avoid playing any of the series. I played daggerfall once on a friends PC. It's also been a very long time since I have been an active PnP RPG gamer. I've kind of just been hanging out on the periphery for the past two decades.

I picked up Edge because: Star Wars, but I quickly became enamored with the core mechanics of the narrative dice, and thought "Christ! What a waste it would be to only use this for a single IP".

I dunno - ...I know Robin Laws has developed a few really good narrative driven systems. Is there anything else out there that has the dynamic of SWRP? Wouldn't this core dice mechanic work with a lot of genres? Anyone more attuned than me to the RPG scene care to comment?

Anyhow, even if I can't appreciate it as an Elder Scrolls fan could, I appreciate the effort and wish you luck. I really hope we see more of this kind of thing.

Edited by Zychon

Wow. Really impressive. Good job mate.

Updated the original content with some more features/tweaks (detailed in the original post above and on the blog page).

Also created some character sheets for use, if people want to start playing with the system.

impressive looking c sheet. how did you make it?

Not sure it really needs to be 3 pages...but not sure what you would take off to reduce it!

again, impressed by scale of work you have done.

Edited by chriscdoa

impressive looking c sheet. how did you make it?

Not sure it really needs to be 3 pages...but not sure what you would take off to reduce it!

again, impressed by scale of work you have done.

Thanks!

They were made using Illustrator primarily, with some final touches in InDesign.

I started with a 2-Page layout, but it felt very cramped. I considered reducing Motivation, Prejudices, and Fame/Infamy into one row and putting talents at the bottom of the second page, but it wasn't much room to work with. At least in vanilla EoTE talents can become a pretty extensive list if you don't use the printed talent sheets, and it only had about 5-6 rows, which was concerning. Became apparent that to catalogue all Talents after about 3 sessions, you'd end up with an extra sheet anyways. Might as well make the last one look pretty.

After all, if you use printed talent sheets (Which I'm working on for the Archetypes) you can ditch the 3rd sheet entirely. So its more or less optional.

Appreciate the feedback!

Great work on the conversion. Quick question about magnitude in destruction spells. What's the maxium magnitude a player can use (up to number of dice?)

Thanks again for sharing this

Is this still a thing? Neither link worked for me.

Hi Everybodie,

In my spare time, I've gone and done that thing people seem to do so often: Convert the rules of one system to fit a different IP. After playing with a few friends for the first time, they immediately fell in love with the system and uttered, "I wish this system could be used for other genres."

"Like Elder Scrolls."

Being a big fan of the IP, I didn't take much convincing to get started on a conversion of the system and, good news, its finally in a playable state! /fanfare

Edit: Made a large amount of progress. To the point where the main document has had to be split up into several documents for size reasons. Rules for Diseases, and a large chunk of the Bestiary is all done.

Updated Post Link

Oops.

I lost track of this project and the links are dead. Will be updating them this weekend, as this has come back on my radar.

Stay tuned!

Okidoki. Updated the links with my latest changes.

I've tweaked considerably amounts of the rules and mechanics in the past... Year? Almost. Definitely worth taking a look at if you played with it before.

As always, I love feedback - and boosts to my ego by telling me if you enjoy it ;)

A couple of typographical errors, and a few moments of my Elder Scroll nerdism disagreeing with yours, but not enough to really get into an argument about.

Overall, it's easy to see you've given this a lot of thought and attention. I might suggest making it easier to see the species list like you did the Archetypes.

Also, I want to play a Dunmer Monk with a lot of focus on brawling, rumors, and elemental cloaks.

Agreed. Definitely in need of editing, for certain.

I should mention that most of this is pretty raw - little proof reading as of yet. I fully intended to compile this into a proper formatted PDF at some point, so eventually the layout will be much more readable.

Feel free to PM me where your opinion differs from mine. I'm no militant nerd who is unwilling to budge. Be curious of your thoughts!

Keep up the good work and it looks good.