Shadow Op ?

By Rogue 4, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

ffg_across-the-anoat-sector-edge-of-dark ffg_shadow-operative-the-battle-of-hoth-

Ok, so if I have two of these units attacking an objective and I allow the first one to strike and resolve its icons and then activate its Action ability, will the second one be attacking alone and recieve the bonus from "Across the Anoat Sector"?

Yes!

Attacking alone is checked when it matters. So when a unit strikes if it is attacking alone it will gain the blast. This can also trigger if the DS player is defending with a unit as one unit may die leaving the other attacking alone. And for non-shadow operatives you can always return them to your hand (swindle, fall back, tactical retreat, etc).

Note this won't help you with some attacking alone abilities. For example the Sleuth Scout checks if they are attacking alone at the end of the declare attackers phase. If you opponent passes you could secret guardian (or ackbar) in another unit though.

Edited by KennedyHawk

To the first para, all correct.

A note to the second though, that Sleuth Scout is a constant and is continually checked - but it ends up only being relevant each time the defending player attempts to declare a defender. Ackbar can bypass this because he can become a participant in an engagement without being declared. But Secret Guardian can't, all he can do is enter play and then, to become a participant, he'll need to follow the usual declaration process (or use an effect).

This is correct I don't know what I was thinking XD

Heya,

I am a new player, and enjoy the game tremendously and apologies if this has been covered somewhere, or in the rulebook (I have checked but I am not positive of my understanding).

My questions are regarding an engagement scenario:

• the Shadow Operative is the only attacker, and the opponent declares one defending unit;
  • the attacker looses the edge battle (the conflict would result in destruction of the shadow operative);
  • the attacker then uses the shadow op action, and returns it to hand, before the defender strikes;
  • Q1: does the defending player now must strike with his only, still ready, unit (focusing it), even if it is the only participating/remaining unit?

Q2: in case there is more than one defending unit, am I correct in understanding that every ready defending units must strike, even if there are no remaining/surviving attacking units?

Thank you in advance.

Heya,

I am a new player, and enjoy the game tremendously and apologies if this has been covered somewhere, or in the rulebook (I have checked but I am not positive of my understanding).

My questions are regarding an engagement scenario:

• the Shadow Operative is the only attacker, and the opponent declares one defending unit;
  • the attacker looses the edge battle (the conflict would result in destruction of the shadow operative);
  • the attacker then uses the shadow op action, and returns it to hand, before the defender strikes;
  • Q1: does the defending player now must strike with his only, still ready, unit (focusing it), even if it is the only participating/remaining unit?

Q2: in case there is more than one defending unit, am I correct in understanding that every ready defending units must strike, even if there are no remaining/surviving attacking units?

Thank you in advance.

A1: Yes

A2: Yes

From the Rulebook page 20:

A player does not have the option to pass during this step. If he has at least one ready participating unit, it must focus to strike.

If all of a player’s participating ready units are exhausted, but his opponent’s are not, the opponent continues

to focus and strike with his ready participating units, resolving one strike at a time, until all participating units are exhausted.