Salladhor's Crew (2009) - Help with clarification!!

By Moztream, in 1. AGoT General Discussion

Hello!

Firstly i'd like to mention that i've been giving the search-machine 10 minutes of my attention with my following question and i've come up with nothing that brings me closer to an answer, so i turn to you!

Salladhor's Crew has the following response:

Response: After you play Salladhor's Crew from your hand, reduce the gold cost of the next House Baratheon card you play this phase by 3.

http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/GoTCards.html/_/defenders-of-the-north/a-sword-in-the-darkness/salladhors-crew-asitd

Rule as intented (as I read it) : when i play the card named 'Salladhor's Crew' from my hand, my next Baratheon card cost is lowered by 3.(the card can only use the response on the very same card that is played)

Rule as written (as I read it): when i play 'Salladhor's Crew' from my hand , And if i have allready played another copy of the previous mentioned card, then i will be able to active BOTH responses (the card played and the one allready in play) and lower the next cost of a house baratheon card with 6.

My question is simple, wich one of the two are correct?

I know its a old card, but i've recently been introduced to aGoT Lcg and i've been ferociously been getting my hands on chapter packs wherever i can lay my hands on them.

Thank you :)

//Moztream

Your first interpretation is correct. When you play the card, you are allowed to activate the Response one time and lower the cost of the next Bara character you play by 3.

The general rule that makes your second interpretation incorrect is that when a card uses its own name in its text, it is considered "self-referential" - that is, it means only itself, rather than every other card with the same name. So the response on copy #1 (already in play) cannot be triggered when you play copy #2.

(By the by: it's usually better to put questions like this in the Rules forum instead of the general discussion forum.)

Edited by ktom

Allright, thank you for clearing that up for me, i'll use the rules forum next time!