Foul Play

By MyNeighbourTrololo, in Blood Bowl: Team Manager

I am so happy they finally did continue the BBTM line. I mean, who wouldn't? I haven't seen a negative review or comment for the game at all over the net.

In a way, I am glad it took this long since I assume they already know what each expansion will be and are just releasing them in a predetermined order. So far though, I love that each expansion is bringing more depth to BBTM.

So... what do we think the new fist skill icon does? Bombardier has one and hobgoblins seem to get it when downed...

Probably for fouling.

So looking forward to this expansion. Still the best sports card game out there and our group still play it whenever we get the chance.

3 new teams is great, would be nice for a card upgrade for the original Dwarf team as well to make them competitive...maybe a 4 star power player in there somewhere.

Great to see this game get some more love.

I'm most thrilled about stadiums. And Nurgle team, ofcourse. But stadiums seems to me as a good variation for every game match.

So looking forward to this expansion. Still the best sports card game out there and our group still play it whenever we get the chance.

3 new teams is great, would be nice for a card upgrade for the original Dwarf team as well to make them competitive...maybe a 4 star power player in there somewhere.

Great to see this game get some more love.

In our group, we're discussing bout some balance thingies. Slightly buffing Dwarf, Ork and Vampire, nerfing Undead. Several versions possible, maybe i post some soon.

Yep, there are a couple of things in the expansion that make it totally worth having it.

Only regret: despite loving the game, it hit the table too rarely for my taste. Need to work on this harder ;)

I'll go get it as soon as it gets released. For the teams mainly.

It all looks cool, but I'm not so sure at all about the stadiums thingy. I don't think this game needs any more restrictions for how you can play your cards, and that's exactly what stadiums seem to be doing. So I play Humans but I cannot use the pass skill (or use enchanted ball with pass skill) in that stadium,? Great... What a nerf to my team. Stadiums to me need to be neutral. I'm not opposed to introducing cards (abilities or upgrades) that would negate/blank out a particular ability for a round, but just plain forbidding said ability for a whole matchup, no thank you. So you play Wood Elves and the tournament is in this stadium blanking out your Sprint ability? Think twice before you commit players there buddy.

Then I just hope the rules around the referree system won't be too random.

Stadiums don't just block some skills - they add new rewards. And they don't always block exact skill.

Stadiums don't just block some skills - they add new rewards. And they don't always block exact skill.

If you take the picture at the top of this thread you can see two of the three stadiums block one specific skill each. The third one forces a limit of 2 players per team at the matchup (which is even worse), I mean we don't know exactly how this will play out and what other stadiums there are, but if this is not a huge limitation then I don't know how to call it.

About the rewards, again we barely know anything in present state, but blocking the whole passing skill for the "reward" of getting one extra fan doesn't seem very balanced to me as a coach deciding to commit players to a matchup. If you want to put up for the challenge to negate your base strategy and not reward the coach afterwards, that doesn't sound like there is any consideration to make at all.

That's just the general feeling I have about these stadiums with the information I have currently. Personally I want a game of BBTM to provide me with choices, as opposed to forcing me to either make bad decisions by commiting players to a matchup with no possibility to use my key strategy and close to nothing to reward me for doing so, or forcing me to avoid such matchups and narrow down the number of matchups I can consider throwing players to.

Moreover it adds a huge layer of randomness to the game that is not necessarly needed. What if you play Wood Elves or Skavens and you draw the three stadiums in the above picture plus the random one?

Doesn't sound appealing to me at all at the moment. But then players could decide in the last expansion which rules they were going to add and I guess nothing forces players to use Stadiums at all.

Edited by Indalecio

You missed one little thingy. You can break the rule of the stadium. Seems like one more darn field of choice to me.

Edited by MyNeighbourTrololo

im soo glad to see another expansion in its way :) this game is going to be an ever expanding classic for years to come

I'm so excited for this expansion. I wish to have it now in my hands. My favorite upcoming team is the goblins.