Top Tier Decks

By Jvirtue55, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Strategy

So Im looking to get into this game. I love compedititve play but I dont want to spend the money on a CCG so, im looking into the LCG

So what are the top tier decks in Star Wars?

Light and Dark Side

This would be a great place to start research.

http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/index.html/_/star-wars/

I know that the Sith Control deck (DS) and unblockable Smugglers (LS) are both T1 decks. There are a couple more like the Luke, Han, and Chewy deck for LS and the Hoth Navy deck for DS.

Edited for spelling.

Edited by Devon Greatwolf

Because the game is still fairly small, there are few true T1 decks. The decks played by the World Champ and the runner up are definitely the decks to beat. There are some minor derivatives of these decks that could also be considered T1, as well as something for the LS called "super-friends" that is probably something like T1.2 (unless you have lots of play time with it).

That being said, the game is getting ready for a drastic swing with the new Force cycle, but you can be certain that versions of the existing T1 decks will survive in some form because of the deck building method in SWLCG.

Check out the following websites for advice on building top tier decks:

www.toptiergaming.com

www.fliptheforce.com

Also, while the world championship decks were solid, a new force pack released so keep those decks in mind on how to actually learn to play the game on a competitive level.

If you want to get a feel for where this game is at, you can check out the SWLCG page on the Team Covenant YouTube Channel. It includes gameplay videos (including the world championship and several matches featuring the world champ), player interviews, unboxings, tournament reports, and more.