Trasmute

By The_Warlock, in Talisman Rules Questions

Q: Can a Character cast Transmute on a Character with only Magic Objects?

(...just to get rid of the Spell? I hope FAQ clarify if a Spell needs to have a target to be cast. I hope they also state that the target should be a valid one. In this case, is a Character with no common Objects a valid target?)

The_Warlock said:

Q: Can a Character cast Transmute on a Character with only Magic Objects?

(...just to get rid of the Spell? I hope FAQ clarify if a Spell needs to have a target to be cast. I hope they also state that the target should be a valid one. In this case, is a Character with no common Objects a valid target?)

If you read the card, you cannot do that.

It only works on weapons and armour( but not on magic objects.

( This is another way to try to get rid of a card..)

Velhart said:

Some Weapons are Magic Objects (Magic Armour will come soon, I'm sure). Transmute will not affect magic Weapons and Armour, but can a Character cast the Spell anyway? This is the question.

The_Warlock said:

Velhart said:

Some Weapons are Magic Objects (Magic Armour will come soon, I'm sure). Transmute will not affect magic Weapons and Armour, but can a Character cast the Spell anyway? This is the question.

In my eyes, you cannot do that.

If a opponent has only magic objects, then you cannot cast the spell.

Any spell cast must have a valid target as always.

talismanisland said:

Ok. Yyesterday I made a stupid mistake and cast Transmute on the wrong Character. This might happen after 4 hours of play, when you start to get tired. I pretended that my Transmute could not be cast because the Character had no common Objects but they said it was wasted. The Spell was cast just for burning it and draw another, but It could have upsetted the Knight (which was the intended target, but I was dazed and confused).

The concept of "valid target for Spells" is not accepted by every player and I hope this will be a cornerstone of new FAQ document.

The_Warlock said:

talismanisland said:

Ok. Yyesterday I made a stupid mistake and cast Transmute on the wrong Character. This might happen after 4 hours of play, when you start to get tired. I pretended that my Transmute could not be cast because the Character had no common Objects but they said it was wasted. The Spell was cast just for burning it and draw another, but It could have upsetted the Knight (which was the intended target, but I was dazed and confused).

The concept of "valid target for Spells" is not accepted by every player and I hope this will be a cornerstone of new FAQ document.

I should say it to you friends next time how you must deal with the target of spells.

From your story, nothing would happen in this case, and you could cancel it and use your spell on the knight what your real intention is demonio.gif

Velhart said:

I should say it to you friends next time how you must deal with the target of spells.

From your story, nothing would happen in this case, and you could cancel it and use your spell on the knight what your real intention is demonio.gif

It's a shame that a wanna-be Talisman veteran like me made such a mistake, but the Rules were by my side this time. Only need the FAQ bible to prove it. cool.gif

Everybody forgot to calculate some bonuses, made bad moves and messed up something, so the final outcome wasn't alterated. The only element that made me lose about 10 Turns was Cerberus on the Portal of Power. I had everything I needed to reach the Crown (most notably the Gnome), but couldn't land on the Portal. My rush was ruined and I reached the Crown too late to take advantage. I killed two Characters there, but the third (Knight) finally got me and won.

A 5 (or 6) Player Game can be really exhausting, especially if there are lots of Spellcasters. With the only exception of the Knight, this game featured the same Characters of my 2008 Easter game (which was aborted): Wizard, Prophetess, Sorceress and Druid. Knight replaced the Thief. We cast tons of Spells and exhausted almost 2 Spell decks (Base + Reaper). I'll better come back to my standard 4 player game, which is the best combination I've experienced so far.