Is it just me?

By MechaBri.Zilla, in Warhammer: Diskwars

So I noticed yesterday that the new expansions are at the printers now, and it got me excited for them all over again.

I'm getting very antsy for more news about what we can expect from the factions. Anyway, since we aren't getting any news, and this forum has been all but dead recently, I thought I'd throw out a couple of questions.

1.) What new faction or reinforcements for an existing army are you most excited about?

2.) What special rule are you looking forward to learning more about and seeing how it works in game?

3.) What sort of terrain are you hoping for, and what do you think it should do?

I'll start.

1.) Easily, Vampire Counts. Though I'd much rather get to see Tomb Kings, my guess is that this will be the only undead fix I get in Diskwars, so I'm going to enjoy it.

2.) I'm going to cheat here... Fear and Reanimate. Fear because I'm interested to see how prevalent it is in the VC army, and what it does to the cost of disks. I generally think of VC as a cheap horde army, but Fear seems a bit too powerful for that sort of army. So maybe not. As for Reanimate, I'm interested to see how it works on the table. Does it end up being sort of a free ranged attack that does it's damage in the melee round, or will I be able to find more creative ways to use it?

3.) Graveyards. I think we will get this, or at least terrain similar to this. I would expect it to be similar to what we have in the windmill, in that it will allow you to reanimate troops there outside of your normal range, or perhaps give some benefit to undead units. But mostly I just want it for the fluffiness it will add to battles. The terrain so far has been fairly generic and I just can't wait to see more terrain that tells a story about where and why this battle is taking place.

I'll post this over at BGG too just to get a different group of people. So feel free to pick your favorite forum to answer in.

From wishful-thinking more type of stuff, I will be really excited if there'll be halflings somewhere, sometime.

I believe such halflings could be poor in everything except shooting, but have a natural resistance to arcane attacks and some wise abilities such as:

-luck (which may get an enemy to reroll one hit on any die targeting such unit),

-dexterity (to roll out from the bottom of an engagement they are completely covered by other disks),

-scout,

-cook (an ability to empower all halfling units within short range of the disk),

-nimble (passive ability that gives them an option to activate some of their units in opponent's turn, when they are activated in, let's say, medium range);

Of course my propos are not too bright, just some ideas to give a feel to the regiment of my fantasy :P .

Going thematical: burrows :) .

While unit is overlapping burrows and is not pinned, a player may, instead of moving, remove it from play and place it again in any place in short range from the burrows after (or just before?) the malee phase.

Good for playing cat and mice tactics with orcs. Dunno if really useful.

I couldn't come up with even one halfling hero in Warhammer universe (Hisme Stoutheart could be one, but he's not sort of a fighter really), so I don't expect a full-blooded halfling supplement called "The Burrowing Hordes". But a halfling regiment in one of the future publishings would be as right as rain to me.

I've been antsy with anticipation since the announcement, you'd think sometime this week we'd get a preview at least...

Anyways!

1. I'm most interested in Lizardmen, but the Dwarves and all of the Destruction box are enticing (never been a fan of Wood Elves). Going into Diskwars, Chaos was my favorite from a Warhammer thematic perspective, but they haven't been playing as fun (to me) as Empire (stupid boring humans). Thus, Lizardmen, since they're Order aligned, and will hopefully play well with my puny humans, and they're just so **** cool! Though, I am excited to see what new Chaos units we get, just to see if they spice up the army as a whole enough to warrant playing them regularly again.

2. The new keywords have been pretty self-explanatory, but Stalwart and Reanimate are definitely interesting to me. I'm also very interested in learning more about the caster-friendly command cards they said the Destruction box is getting. I like casters, so hopefully they get more goodies to play with!

3. Not so concerned about this. Or rather, I'll take whatever we get, since I'm still getting used to the core set terrain. Somewhere on BGG I saw someone mention some sort of giant beast's skeleton, I think that'd be cool. Keyword-wise, who knows what it'd do.

Both were on my wishlist that's what is amazing about thos releases!

Dwarves always have been my favorite fantasy race and i'm so glad they decided to release them in this expansion!

Looking forward mostly to Vampire Counts and reanimate, it would make use of your cards a little more interesting since you would need to activate Manfred to reanimate, then use another command point to use the reanimated dead.I am honestly looking forward to seeing Dark Elves and Skaven as well.

Terrain wise, anything new that will add variety.

Is it just you what? What a dumb thread title.

Excellent reply. We are all stunned by your wit and intellect.

Thank you so much for putting me in my place.

:-)

NP, somebody has to

1. Skaven, with their nice ranged attack gear and sneaky fluff. Like that. Hope we will see more of them in the future.

2. I´d like to see how Guard effects the run of battles, especially when encountering Impact units.

3. Yeah, agree with MechaBri.Zilla here. Graveyards or similiar Undead-associated pieces would be nice. Or some big fragment of a warpstone comet (increasing caster level by 1 when overlapped by disc with caster ability) Anything fluffy.

Edited by Katsuyori

1.) What new faction or reinforcements for an existing army are you most excited about?

2.) What special rule are you looking forward to learning more about and seeing how it works in game?

3.) What sort of terrain are you hoping for, and what do you think it should do?

1. Wood Elves. Nobody seems to agree with me on this one, but I think wood elves are pretty cool (ok, I am just an elf fanboy in almost every iteration ever since I first read Tolkien). I can't wait to see more of any disks, though, so I am not too picky.

2. Poison. My initial thought was that the skinks are overpriced, so I am curious to see if poison merits this cost, and exactly how it will work in-game. The current previews leave the matter just vague enough that nothing can be diefinitively pinned down.

Edit: Also, fear. Very eager to see this in action!

3. I am good with any sort of terrain, but would like to see more for variety. I am actually hoping more for some cool scenario objective cards.

Edited by Jedhead