Millennium Falcon question

By Darth Zilla, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

If this has been asked before I apologize - if a player chooses to bounce the falcon back into their hand do they have to play a character or droid unit or is that part optional? Basically, can a player return the falcon to their hand even if they have no character or droid units to put into play?

I do not believe you have to have a valid target to trigger this as putting the unit into play is not a cost to be paid.

awesome - thank you for the clarification. I'll try to check that forum as well in the future if I have questions before I post. Thanks for the response.

For people who don't want to follow links:

The Falcon can trigger its ability without any characters or droids in your hand because it does not target anything. However, if you do have a character or droid unit in hand when you use the action, you are obligated to put it into play.

I'm having trouble understanding bouncing the falcon just for repairs with 3.6 in the FAQ. And with different posts on DB, is this still legal?

I'm having trouble understanding bouncing the falcon just for repairs with 3.6 in the FAQ. And with different posts on DB, is this still legal?

Basically you must have a character or droid unit in hand to swap with the falcon otherwise you cannot initiate it's action.

Yeah, that's been a change since the previous answer. You can no longer bounce the Falcon without having a Character or Droid unit to put into play.