new jinteki deck

By dark apostle, in Android: Netrunner Deck Building

just been told my local store is going to be hosting their 1st net runner tournament soon so ive tried to make a decent deck using card from the core set and creation and control as they are the only 2 sets that i have at the moment. heres the list any thoughts on it would be appreciated.

New jinteki deck

Jinteki: Personal Evolution (Core Set)
Agenda (9)
3x Nisei MK II (Core Set)
3x Priority Requisition (Core Set)
3x Private Security Force (Core Set)
Asset (10)
3x Cerebral Overwriter (Creation and Control) ••••• •
2x Melange Mining Corp. (Core Set)
3x Project Junebug (Core Set)
2x Snare! (Core Set)
Upgrade (1)
1x Akitaro Watanabe (Core Set)
Operation (8)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Neural EMP (Core Set)
1x Precognition (Core Set)
2x Shipment from Kaguya (Core Set) ••
Barrier (3)
1x Heimdall 1.0 (Core Set) ••
2x Wall of Thorns (Core Set)
Code Gate (7)
2x Chum (Core Set)
3x Enigma (Core Set)
2x Viktor 1.0 (Core Set) ••••
Sentry (5)
1x Hunter (Core Set)
3x Neural Katana (Core Set)
1x Rototurret (Core Set) •
ICE (2)
2x Data Mine (Core Set)
15 influence spent (max 15)
21 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Creation and Control
Edited by dark apostle

If you are playing with Private Security Force I would recommend more ways to give the runner tags. More Hunters and I would recommend splashing Data Raven. Also Ghost Branch is a great trap card, with low influence and cost zero to kick off the effect. Also don’t be afraid to splash one Scorched Earth. It can really take the runner by surprise.

I would recommend ditching Shipment from Kaguya. The second Jintiki identity plays better at laying several cards down and bluffing the runner and I don’t feel you will get much use out of it with this deck. Same for Akitaro Watanabe. You only have three expensive ice (Heimdall and Wall of Thorns) and he won’t provide much otherwise. I would recommend switching some of your barriers out for a cheaper barrier like Wall of Static or Bastion.

Also you may want to up your deck size to 49. You won’t have to grab more agenda’s and it provides four more cards as a buffer for the runner to get through in R&D. It also allows you grab more ice and economy cards.

ive tweaked the deck and added cards

Jinteki: Personal Evolution (Core Set)
Agenda (9)
3x Nisei MK II (Core Set)
3x Priority Requisition (Core Set)
3x Private Security Force (Core Set)
Asset (14)
3x Cerebral Overwriter (Creation and Control) ••••• •
2x Ghost Branch (Core Set) ••
2x Melange Mining Corp. (Core Set)
1x PAD Campaign (Core Set)
3x Project Junebug (Core Set)
3x Snare! (Core Set)
Operation (8)
2x Beanstalk Royalties (Core Set) ••
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Neural EMP (Core Set)
1x Scorched Earth (Core Set) ••••
Barrier (2)
2x Wall of Thorns (Core Set)
Code Gate (7)
2x Chum (Core Set)
2x Datapike (Creation and Control)
3x Enigma (Core Set)
Sentry (6)
2x Hunter (Core Set)
3x Neural Katana (Core Set)
1x Rototurret (Core Set) •
ICE (2)
2x Data Mine (Core Set)
15 influence spent (max 15)
21 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
48 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Creation and Control

I feel that you will want more ICE. It’s recommended that you have 17 to 20 for a 45 card deck and your two Data Mines are only one shot’s. I would ditch a few of your traps. Having a lot of traps can work but they have two problems. They do nothing if the runner encounters them in R&D and they cost money and clicks to power up.

Jinteki can be strained for cash, especially with just Core cards. Melange is a great money card, but it takes your entire turn to use. If you are taking your entire turn to make credits, you will not be able to place and power your traps.

I would ditch at least one of every trap (not the Snares!) if not more and grab more ice and more cards that gain credits.