Any need to buy multiple core sets?

By Srqt2, in Warhammer: Diskwars

I tried this game out the other day and enjoyed it. I don't actually know anything about the rules for army customization though so I am not sure if 1 core set is enough or if there is an advantage to buying multiple.

Well it depends on how much money you want to spend. I'm doing quite fine with one core set and wait for the expansions. But if you want the special scenario or definitively need to adjust and tinker with the regiments a second core might be a good idea. One set restricts the regiment building quite a lot.

I tend to like to try and go for maximum customization potential (I tend to go with 3-4 of each x-wing ship for example).

I don't feel the need to have enough to have multiple armies built at once though if that makes a difference in this game.

Then I think you should really go for two cores. They are not that expensive and have some disks you would prefer to have twice or thrice just once. Building regiments with just one core is not much fun IMHO

Cool, thanks for the info :)

You might want to wait for another opinion on this though I think most will agree with my assessment

I agree with Ser Folly. When I have the money, I am likely going to get a second core set, and two of each expansion for the dwarves and undead, as well as the others as they come out.

Definitely, if you have clear ideas on how your army would work, you'll find yourself quite limited with just one core set. That's the situation I'm in right now. For each faction you only get one caster (not counting the heros) and a couple of scouts. Also just one of each heavy infantry types. That's not much to work with if you want to do something specific.

However if you're willing to play it as a board game - no min-maxing, no specific strategies - just fun battles, then one core set is quite enough. With just one core set you can build 4 complete three-regiment armies (if you put every disk in there) and it still looks fun.

I agree with the above posts in most regards. If you want to play competitively or, if what get's you excited about a customizable game like this is being able to put together any army you want, you will need a second core.

However, if you are just playing for fun, and no one else in your group is buying this game, then one really should be enough. In this situation, I would highly recommend playing with just one core for a little while at least just to be sure you actually want the extra options and that you love the game enough to invest the cash.