Card 54 where are you?

By danoMCchamp, in Mutant Chronicles

I have seen the downloadable set 2 cards. And they are great! I have already printed and laminated them! Now on to the conversions...

My question is: what was figure and card 54? The base set had figures 1 thru 52. Karak is 53. Ice golem is 55, and set 2 picks up at 56. So who, what, and where is/was number 54??????

Ice Golem and Archmagus Valpurgius are both 55 numbered. In april 2008, the Ilian extension had 4 minis planned (Karak, Ice Golem, Cursed Legionnaire and Undead Legionnaire). Maybe at this period the Cursed Legionnaire was temporary numbered 54 and Undead Legionnaire 56. With all delays and cancellation, the Ice Golem number became definitiv without other moni filling the gap.

You have it right. Originally the figures had different numbers that matched their release dates. When I prepared the unit card file for the unreleased units, I just renumbered the file by faction and started with the last figure released. Sorry there is no card #54. No conspiracy here.

Sorry, was not implying a conspiracy, was just hoping there existed just one more new fig to wet my appitite!!! gran_risa.gif Plus I thought it wounded cool to ask, with all puns intended to the Car 54 Series of many years ago... Car 54!!!! - where are you???? preocupado.gif

Just consider Ice Golem to really be #54 as that was the intention. Back when the Ilian figures were all going to be in the same warpack (Karak, Ice Golem, and the two Legion Troopers in one box) the Golem was #55, as each release has the figures numbered alphabetically. Then when he was printed to be sold alone, his card should have read #54.

I am old enough to get the car 54 joke. happy.gif Good catch.