First Baratheon Deck

By Mig el Pig, in 4. AGoT Deck Construction

The reasoning behind this baratheon deck is by using high initiative plot cards with to have an optimal choice between benefiting from going first with cards like the The fox teeth, House florent scouts or going last to find easy challenges for your renown personalities. Valar Morgulis and Wildfire assault are added to this mix to keep the board relatively empty. Making it easier to find a weak hole in a defense and claim power. (Might ditch one of the 2 though, Rule by decree is an interesting option.) In addition the high initiative cards give additional force

Plot
Mutual Blackmail
Valar Morgulis
Power and Wealth
Fury of the Stag
Tourney for the Hand
Holding the Trident
Wildfire Assault.

Characters: 28
3 The Fox Teeth
3 House Florent Scouts
1 Overzealous scouts
3 Robert Baratheon
2 Stanis Baratheon
2 Renly Baratheon
2 Brienne Of Tarth
1 King Roberts Host
2 Knight of the Rainwood
2 Ser Davos Seaworth
2 Knights of Flowzes
2 Ser baaristan Selmy
1Benjen Stark
2 Axel Florent

Locations: 14
1 Narrow Sea
3 Stormlands Fiefdoms
3 Aegon’s Garden
2 great hall
2 Crossroads
1 Street of Sisters
1 street of steel
1 King Robert’s Chambers

Events: 8
2 muster
2 Seductive promise
2 Prosperity and Plenty
1 to be a stag
1 Compelled by the Crown

Attachments:11
1 Lightbringer
3 hunting spear
2 shadow’s blessing
2 Martial Law
3 Devious intentions(gives me some more intrigue options, power manipulation, additional strength and it works wonders with Prosperity and Plenty.)

I don't play a lot of Baratheon, so take my comments with a grain of salt. Also, I am assuming you're playing 1v1, so if this is a multiplayer deck, you can probably ignore much of what follows. You may want to nail down what you are planning to do with your deck. You mentioned the Fox's Teeth and that other character, so it sounds like you are hoping to take lots of power quickly, either through unopposed challenges or renown. Yet your attachments and events don't match this objective very well--many of them seem to be a bit more control-focused, that is, they control your opponents characters more than they help you claim power. Removing your opponent's characters can definitely help you win unopposed, but it's less reliable than, say, events and attachments that claims you power for winning. In fact, when playing a power-rush deck, you probably want to keep your attachments and, to a lesser extent, your locations to a minimum. Instead, focus on more characters (run 30+) and a few more events that you will reliable draw to push you to 15 power. (By the way, vigilant can work great in power rush decks, and I strongly suggest you play the Baratheon bannerman character that attaches to other characters to give them vigilant.) For the cards you decide to play, I would play 3 of each non-unique (the maximum) to ensure that you draw the cards you need to get your deck moving on round 1.

If you are playing a control-oriented deck, your events/attachments as you've listed them work a bit better. This type of deck, of course, isn't going to win as fast, so you want to be able to hang on for a bit. In this case, you probably want some "bomb" cards that are really going to give your opponent a hard time. The Fox's Teeth works early, but late game you may just want something big/scary (with high strength, deadly, or better yet some scary triggered effect). I haven't been playing a lot of LCG recently, so I'm not sure what's in the environment right now that would work well.

In general, very good start. Your current build gives you some options so just pick which direction you want to go and fine-tune it from there. I hope that helps, but I'm sure others will have better advice.

Good luck!

Thanks,

It' s supposed to be a melee deck that should be able to stand it's own in a joust.

I wanted it to be a sort of control deck with the possbility for "fast" attacks against weaker opponents.

The high initiative gives me the advantage of deciding the flow of a melee a bit to try to make sure their is some easy powergrabbing for me.

the main reason i started adding alot more attachments was due to "Power and Wealth". It was one of the last high ini cards(which added str as a convenient bonus)

I tried to make place for those bannermen but I had to cut either into my chars with renown or my knights(which would have effect on tourney for the hand and muster)