Static effects

By IXIMrPinkIXI, in 2. AGoT Rules Discussion

When you have two static effect that are opposing each other what happens?

Example: my opponent plays men of pride non unique characters lose all key words, I have khorane sathmantes who give my smuggles stealth. Do I lose my keywords then gain them back. Or do I gain my keywords then lose them?

You add the two modifiers together and apply the result, just like gaining and losing STR, icons, etc.

So, Men of Pride gives non-unique characters "-1" of every keyword that exists. Khorane gives Smuggler characters "+1" of the "stealth" keyword. So for non-unique Smuggler characters, you combine them, getting "+1 Stealth (Khorane) -1 Stealth (MoP) = 0." Assuming those are the only keyword modifiers, they cancel each other out, leaving the character with whatever is printed in its text box.

We had some questions about Khorane:
I​f somehow he loses stealth(for example with arya(core)) does he get stealth again from his text(which seems to be like a permanent effect)?

And if the Fleet from Lys would lose stealth(again from arya) would the fleet have still one stealth left?

I​f somehow he loses stealth(for example with arya(core)) does he get stealth again from his text(which seems to be like a permanent effect)?

It is permanent, but so is Arya (or whatever took the stealth away). So he loses it, gets it back, loses it again, etc. The two effects ("gains" and "loses") cancel each other out, leaving him with nothing. 1 - 1 = 0.

Same thing for the fleet. 1 - 1 = 0.

Now, if you are talking about the Fleet and Khorane being out at the same time, you're looking at 1 + 1 - 1 = 1....