A corporation deck for a noob (HB)

By Kahadras, in Android: Netrunner Deck Building

This is the current deck I'm looking at for the corporation side of Netrunner. I've constructed a Jinteki and NBN deck but I've decided to focus on a Haas Bioroid deck to start with...

Corporation - Next Design

Agenda -

x1 Director Hass' Pet Project

x3 Project Vitruvius

x3 Accelerated Beta Test

x2 Efficiency Committee

x1 Priority Requisition

Assets -

x2 Agressive Secretary

x2 Cerebral Overwriter

x2 Alix Talbo7

x2 Melange Mining Corp

x2 Haas Arcology AI

x1 Director Haas

x3 Adonis Campaign

ICE -

x3 Chimera

x3 Eli 1.0 (Barrier)

x3 Viper (Code Gate)

x2 Rototurret (Sentry)

x3 Bastion (Barrier)

x3 Ichi 1.0 (Sentry)

x3 Ichi 2.0 (Sentry)

Operations -

x2 Shipment of Mirrormorph

x2 Successful Demonstration

I've only played a couple of games with the deck and so far I've won one, lost one. My thinking for the deck was getting down ICE quickly thanks to Next Design and Shipment from Mirrormorph. I've got a few traps to catch runners out and most of the ICE in the deck isn't too expencive to rez.

I've not spent any influence yet but I was toying with the idea of bringing in ICE sentry's from other factions but I don't know if I want to focus my ICE into one or two types or spread it out evenly over barrier, code gate and sentry.

You have a ton of ambushes and bait assets. Probably a couple too many.

You have very little money. Needs more cash operations to speed it up, and probably some economy assets as well.

60% of your ice is 4str. Atman is going to wreck that ice mix, specially if they run a Parasite for the remaining 0str ice.

Efficiency Committee is worth running 3x, especially since you have very little to recover from Archives with the Pet Project.

Thanks for the advice.

I had a look at cash flow and decided to replace Next Design with Haas Bioroid Engineering the Future for that extra credit every turn. I also added in Beanstalk Royalties for that extra bit of cash. I've mixed up the ICE a bit more (I didn't realise I had so much strength 4 stuff). The deck is now...

Corportation - Hass-Bioroid Engineering the Future

Agenda -

x3 Project Vitruvius

x3 Accelerated Beta Test

x3 Efficency Committee

x1 Priority Requsition

Assets -

x2 Agressive Secretary

x2 Cerebral Overwriter

x3 Alix T4lbo7

x2 Melange Mining Corp

x3 Adonis Campaign

ICE -

x3 Howler

x3 Chimera

x3 Viper

x3 Caduceus - -

x2 Rototurret

x3 Ichi 1.0

x3 Ichi 2.0

Operations -

x3 Beanstalk Royalties -

x2 Shipment from Mirrormorph

x2 Successful Demonstration

Your deck seems to lack focus. You've got some ambushes but not enough to really win you the game, you have a couple of pieces to fast advance but again not enough to actually do it consistently, you have one priority req but your most expensive ice is an Ichi 2.0 that doesn't even stop the runner. HB will usually focus on one strategy. It could be fast advance, it could be crazy big ice, it could be brain damage, it could be crazy one turn combo to win but it can't be all of those things. So pick what you want your HB deck to do and stick with it. If you want it to be a fast advance then you need to include biotic labors, SanSans, and maybe some Shipment from SanSans for your efficiency comittee to be able to score adgendas straight out of hand. If you want to play a Glacier deck (nothing but big strong expensive ice) then you will want to put in big scary ice like Heimdalls, Wotan, Janus etc... and then play Oversight AI, Awakening center, Bioroid efficiency research and priority req to get the ice out. Brain damage HB will play cerebral oversights Fenris, Zed and Sentinel research program to really make brain damage hurt. So pick what you think will be the most fun to play and focus on only including cards that will help you do that one specific thing.

As to the deck lacking focus I'm not really sure where I want to go yet. I was leaning towards a fast advance deck along with some traps while focusing my ICE onto Sentry's rather a mix of all three. I might put some Snares in the deck as well when I figure out what can come out

You definitely want to mix up your ice. You don't want the corp to be able to break through all of your defenses with a single breaker. Sentries are usually the hardest and most expensive to break but usually sentries are also leaky (they don't always end the run). You want a good mix of ice. Some cheap so you can rez it early, some expensive so the ice keeps taxing the runner once the runner is all set up.

As far as doing both FA and traps that might be hard to pull off in HB. But if you do try it you will definitely want to include Trick of Light so that your failed traps will still be usefull as FA tools. I wouldn't include Snares in there because A: you probably won't be able to afford the influence, and B: Snares aren't going to be that usefull to you. FA is very economy taxing and it will be rare that it will be worth it for you to have to pay 4 creds just to deal some net damage and tag the runner.

You definitely want to mix up your ice. You don't want the corp to be able to break through all of your defenses with a single breaker. Sentries are usually the hardest and most expensive to break but usually sentries are also leaky (they don't always end the run). You want a good mix of ice. Some cheap so you can rez it early, some expensive so the ice keeps taxing the runner once the runner is all set up.

As far as doing both FA and traps that might be hard to pull off in HB. But if you do try it you will definitely want to include Trick of Light so that your failed traps will still be usefull as FA tools. I wouldn't include Snares in there because A: you probably won't be able to afford the influence, and B: Snares aren't going to be that usefull to you. FA is very economy taxing and it will be rare that it will be worth it for you to have to pay 4 creds just to deal some net damage and tag the runner.

Agreed. Even if you went off focus to tag the runner, notthing else you can do except spend more money to blow up resources. Which derails you even more from your objective of FA.

Well I've played a couple of games with the deck so far. The first was against Andromeda which was an uphill struggle. My opponant had a ton of money after the first couple of turns with stuff like Sure Gamble, Easy Mark, Armitage Codebusting and Same Old Thing which gave him plenty of funds to trash my assets. It didn't help that my Agenda all ended up togther in my deck allowing him to get 5 agenda points really early on.

The second game was against a Noise deck which went the other way. All of my assets hit the table and I racked up plenty of money. After that it was a simple case of fast advance as I had enough money to rez the ICE and advance the agendas. Having played the deck I've made some modifications...

Haas Bioroid - Engineering the Future

Agenda -

x3 Project Vitruvius

x3 Accelerated Beta Test

x3 Efficiency Comittee

x1 Priority Requisition

Assets -

x3 Cerebral Overwriter

x2 Melange Mining Corp

x3 Alix T4lbo7

x3 Private Contracts

x3 Adonis Campaign

ICE -

x3 Chimera

x3 Eli 1.0

x3 Viper

x3 Caduceus

x2 Fenris

x3 Tsurugi

x3 Ichi 2.0

Operations -

x3 Successful Demonstration

Edited by Kahadras

Having played some more games with the deck I've made a few more changes. The deck is now...

Haas-Bioroid - Engineering the Future

Agenda -

x3 Project Vitruvius

x3 Accelerated Beta Test

x2 Efficency Committee

x2 Sentinal Defence Program

Assets -

x3 Cerebral Overwriter

x2 Melange Mining Corp

x3 Alix T4lbo7

x3 Pad Campaign

x3 Adonis Campaign

ICE -

x3 Pop-up Window -

x3 Eli 1.0

x3 Viper

x3 Caduceus - -

x2 Fenris

x3 Tsurugi - -

x3 Ichi 2.0

Operations -

x3 Subliminal Messaging

To be honest I'm still not 100% sure exactly what I want from the deck. I feel it's got a solid economy with Engineering the Future, Melange Mining Corp, Alix, Pad Campaign, Adonis Campaign and Subliminal Messaging. The usual aim for the deck is to win via advancing agenda behind ICE but it can pull off a suprise flatline via Cerebral Overwriter/Sentinal Defence Program/Tsurugi.

I'm curious, is there a reason you're not using Corporate Troubleshooter?

Having had some more games I've had another shift around with the deck...

Haas Bioroid - Engineering the Future

Agenda -

x3 Accelerated Beta Test

x3 Project Vitruvius

x2 Efficiency Committee

x2 Sentinal Defense Program

ICE -

x3 Ice Wall -

x3 Viper

x3 Eli 1.0

x3 Bastion

x3 Ichi 2.0

x2 Heimdall 1.0

x3 Tollbooth - -

Assets -

x3 Jackson Howard -

x3 Cerebral Overwriter

x2 Melange Mining Corp

x3 Marked Accounts -

x3 Pad Campaign

Upgrades -

x1 Corporate Troubleshooter

Operations -

x3 Hedge Fund

I'm hoping that this works out a bit better. There's more ICE with end the run. I've also added Jackson Howard as I felt I was emptying my hand quite quickly with Shipment from Mirrormorph and all of the decks assets so he's useful to refill my hand and recyle any agenda that might end up in my archives.