Haas-Bioroid vs E3 Feedback Implants

By Red Oni, in Android: Netrunner Deck Building

Hi All,

I've run into this a couple times, from both ends, where the E3 Feedback Implants just take apart bioroid ice. Has anyone developed a reliable counter to this card? There is so little the corp can do about hardware right now. Flare, Power Grid Overload, and Power Shutdown. I think that's it. And all but flare leave far too much in the runner's hands for my taste. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

I think Tyr's Hand is the only real counter to this so far. That, and anything else that can force click-loss before they hit your Bioroids (Hourglass and Ruhr Valley spring to mind).

E3 implants have always been a strong meta-weapon against HB, but if you can prevent the first click-break from occurring, you can shut them down.

2.0 Bioroids are also good if you can drain some clicks first.

Don't play all bioroids? I haven't seen E3 since last September as corps just started diversifying their ice, playing Tyr's Hand, etc.

Don't play all bioroids? I haven't seen E3 since last September as corps just started diversifying their ice, playing Tyr's Hand, etc.

Still useful in combination with Knight or Darwin.

If all you have protecting your server is a single heimdal 1.0 then yeah E3 is good. But E3's value greatly diminishes as more and more ice comes to play. I play a lot of HB glacier decks and I've rarely had a huge issue with E3. The problem with E3 is it's a little bit too situational to take up 3 of in a deck and at just 1 or 2 it's hard to find it when you need it.

So what I'm hearing is there is not way to attack the card directly, but up the difficulty of the server in general.

I find Tyr's hand even more situational then E3. Like Feesh said, E3 is useful with any breaker that costs 2 per subroutine. Tyr is only useful for bioroid IF they are using clicks to break. And you are far more likly to force the runner to stop mid run rather then hit them with something crippling. The safest way to run HB is on click 1.

I once had an E3 in my opening hand against HB as Gabe, I could run a server with up to three 1.0 bioroid ice protecting it for the cost of my turn and a handful of credits

Tyr's is most useful if they're click-breaking then hitting E3, for sure - it's also good if they're very poor and can't afford to re-break. Great if they're click-breaking then E3-ing a Janus - you either cost them another click to restart the chain, or some brain damage. Either result can be good.

I have not seen E3 in play since Plugged In Chicago. If runners in your meta are using it, change up your ICE so it no longer wrecks you, and they'll stop using it. Repeat cycle as needed.