Free RPG Day adventure for AoR?

By BISHOP007, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

Will we see one?

One would hope so, no? I don't know.

And more importantly will it be available as a pdf at some point without a name change to the adventure?

Did they explain why they had to change the name of the free rpg day adventure when they finally released it as a downloadable pdf last year?

That was about Black Sun is this going to be a generic Rebel versus Imperial game or is there something they can use to highlight AoR?

The name change and other changes to the released pdf were allegedly due to the cannot provide pdfs of game material clause in the contract.

FFG have a lot of loopholes to jump through and most likely consult lawyers about every step of the way. Star Wars is more constrained compared to what the 40k license allows them to do.

Meh, art through adversity I say. I'd take physical print over pdf any day.

I believe the pdf was changed into promotional material on the website that still requires the beginner game or core rulebook to play.

Edited by Internutt

The name change and other changes to the released pdf were allegedly due to the cannot provide pdfs of game material clause in the contract.

FFG have a lot of loopholes to jump through and most likely consult lawyers about every step of the way. Star Wars is more constrained compared to what the 40k license allows them to do.

Meh, art through adversity I say. I'd take physical print over pdf any day.

I believe the pdf was changed into promotional material on the website that still requires the beginner game or core rulebook to play.

The PDF and the physical print both could be played without the core rules or beginner game. It contained the basic rules and an adventure.

I started playing the game the free rules instead of getting the Beta or beginner game. Liked it so much bought the EOTE core rules and play bi-weekly on Google+.

We might see an AoR Free RPG Day offering. Depends on what else FFG has in the works. They're working on a 2nd edition of Dark Heresy, so depending on how far along that product is, that might be the one to get the free product for this year.

I'd love to see one. My very first session as a GM was spent running the Free RPG Day for EotE. Heck I'd even take a few modular encounters that are loosely tied together.

The list of items for Free RPG Day is now up at

http://www.freerpgday.com

and it does not include anything from FFG. Therefore it looks as if the answer is no.

The FUDGE dice from Q-workshop look pretty cool, it would be nice if they did some Star Wars dice, but I'm pretty sure FFG can't sublicense.

and it does not include anything from FFG. Therefore it looks as if the answer is no.

The FUDGE dice from Q-workshop look pretty cool, it would be nice if they did some Star Wars dice, but I'm pretty sure FFG can't sublicense.

The EOTE free rpg day module was announced in April last year. So I think that list is what is confirmed so far.

The EOTE free rpg day module was announced in April last year. So I think that list is what is confirmed so far.

The FreeRPGDay folks have added stuff up to early-may in prior years.

FFG hasn't missed Free RPG Day in years. I doubt they'd start now. They may be having issues getting approvals, tho'....

We ran UaBS as our first Core Rules Adventure, and it was great. I certainly hope they do something similar for AoR. Take my Mo...er...wait...

Regarding the Free RPG Day listings, FFG has always been really cloak and dagger (as have a few other companies) with their listings. It's likely that they will announce it late and try and keep the details scarce right up until the 11th hour, just like they've done every other year. Besides, there are usually far more pickings that what have been announced so far.

Obviously, legal issues could be a hydrospanner in the works, but we won't know that until June 21. If there is a legal restriction, they won't say anything. If they are free and clear, the probably won't announce their participation until early May and then try and play the rumors down. Either way, we aren't going to know for a while.

I know it's a different day, run by different companies and all - but Record Store Day is just a handful of weeks away and they're still announcing promos and records and bands and things. The final list is anything but final, and that's next month. I imagine that RPG Day is more or less the same, and we'll get news closer and closer. . . .