Woo hoo!

By ziggy2000, in Warhammer: Diskwars

I hear you bro :) Can't waaaaaaait!!!!

So that's ten factions. 6 fully playable and 4 at the regiment level.

Does that put us at the same number of playable factions as Invasion had?

This is awesome news. Hitting the gate with this many factions this fast could mean very good things down the road. This is an awesome level of support.

Thank you FFG!

This is fantastic. I'll end up buying 2 of each for certainty. I love how they're releasing teasers of other factions, as well. Meaning that we can expect to see minor reinforcements in other box sets.

I am so excited for this.

Two of my favorite armies in WH! Dwarves is my favorite fantasy race and always will and Undead Vampire Counts are their "evil" equals! ***i'd have prefered the Tomb Kings but Vampires are cool***

Auto-buy for me at release!

Edited by SolennelBern

I'm devastated. Why does the younger undead brother get all the attention? oh well. Looking forward to more options either way. I think I would have preferred each box set having 2 fully playable races as opposed to one and 2 other races that could field a regiment since I don't really like mixing races these side regiments wont mean a lot to me until a future expansion brings them up to playable level.

I'm devastated. Why does the younger undead brother get all the attention? oh well. Looking forward to more options either way. I think I would have preferred each box set having 2 fully playable races as opposed to one and 2 other races that could field a regiment since I don't really like mixing races these side regiments wont mean a lot to me until a future expansion brings them up to playable level.

Mixed race armies are allowed. Some of these one-regiment races may be very playable.

I'm with you here... I'd love to see the Tomb Kings, but I'm afraid their lack of popularity will mean we only see them IF this game really takes off.

So... Tell all of your friends!!!

You could always purchase two sets and double up on the hero- or just play mono-regiment deathmatches.

Besides, seeing Wood Elves crop up again in the Warhammer license is essentially harmonic convergence. Even though I'm an ardent lover of Vampire Counts, seeing Wood Elves is probably the most exciting prospect.

Mixed race armies are allowed. Some of these one-regiment races may be very playable.

Oh I know. I was talking for me personally I don't like to mix races.

Can't wait to try my Dwarf/Lizardmen army, depending what the Lizards bring to the table. I'd love to see some melee attacks with Reach coming sometimes (lances, scythes, spears) that could let you attack in melee at short range and I think Lizardmen would be fitting for this!

I'm so psyched about this announcement and I hope that it'll be as interesting for those who only by single copies then for those having multiple copies of each boxes. But even though 2 copies "would be best" I won't ever by a second copy, don't see the point personally since I don't play tournaments or events...

Anyone know if these expansions will bring any new terrain? Don't get me wrong, I like what comes in the core, but I'm really hoping for a grave yard or some underground themed terrain.

Anyone know if these expansions will bring any new terrain? Don't get me wrong, I like what comes in the core, but I'm really hoping for a grave yard or some underground themed terrain.

The announcement says "new terrain" so presumably it will be truly new and not just additional copies of preexisting terrain. Can't wait for these to come out! Auto-buys for sure!