Starships in AoR Beta Core Rulebook

By DavenQuint, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

I don't have the Beta, but I was wondering if anyone could share some specifics on what is included.

X-wings? TIEs? Star Destroyers?

Thanks!

Yes, yes, and yes. In addition, A-wings, B-wings, Vindicator class and others as well.

The Vindicator-class Heavy Cruiser? Nice! That's fairly obscure too. Is the Victory-class Star Destroyer included or just the Imperial-class?

Victory is included, as well as, Interdictors and the Mon Cal MC-80s.

Yeah, they did a pretty good job of covering the bases in terms of starships and vehicles that see frequent use by the Alliance and the Empire. Such things also include the full range of Imperial walkers and variant TIE fighter models such as the Interceptor and the Bomber. Since the EotE core rulebook provided a lot more ships than the EotE Beta did, I'm eager to see what new ships get included once the AoR core rulebook is released.

Cool. Thanks for the info Donovan and 2P51. So the Edge CRB has a solid 10 freighters/transports, but only 4 capital ships and 8 starfighters/patrol boats for a total of 22 ships. Does the AoR Beta book plus up more on the capital ship and starfighter side?

Yah I would say so.

I hope they have some of the smaller MC series ships like the MC40A and MC30C, possibly MC30As or Bs if such models existed. I would also love to see the CC-7700 and CC-9600 model Frigates and the Liberator and Dauntless Cruisers from Rebellion plus the Nebulon-B2 Frigates, R-41, Razor, and T-Wing Fighters from TIE Fighter and X-Wing Alliance,

I hope they have some of the smaller MC series ships like the MC40A and MC30C, possibly MC30As or Bs if such models existed. I would also love to see the CC-7700 and CC-9600 model Frigates and the Liberator and Dauntless Cruisers from Rebellion plus the Nebulon-B2 Frigates, R-41, Razor, and T-Wing Fighters from TIE Fighter and X-Wing Alliance,

There's an MC80 cruiser in the beta. None of the smaller, but between beta and release of edge, about 6 ship claases got added ( and a couple deleted).

Edited by aramis

There's an MC80 cruiser in the beta. None of the smaller, but between beta and release of edge, about 6 ship claases got added ( and a couple deleted).

Which ones got taken out?

The Ghtroc 720 is the highest-profile that I can remember, mainly because it was one of the three starter ships in the beta book but got replaced with the Wayfarer -class in the release... I believe someone threw around the reasoning that its stats were deemed by the-powers-that-be to be just too close to those of the YT-1300.

Which ones got taken out?

Ghtroc 720, Mobquet CM1.

The Ghtroc 720 is the highest-profile that I can remember, mainly because it was one of the three starter ships in the beta book but got replaced with the Wayfarer -class in the release... I believe someone threw around the reasoning that its stats were deemed by the-powers-that-be to be just too close to those of the YT-1300.

Plus, the CM1's also too close to another in the core.

The Ghtroc reappears, however, in the beta for AoR... we'll see if it's "permanent beta" or not in a few months.

Interesting. The Ghtroc 720 is in Enter the Unknown though.

God that thing is ugly, and yet I still find myself intrested in it.

God that thing is ugly, and yet I still find myself intrested in it.

Good sign it's time to stop drinking..................... ;)