Question about Hell Hound Breath Weapon and "Dodge" Skill

By REWaters, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

This question probably pertains to all breath weapons, but it came up last night in my campaign with Hell Hounds. Here goes:

I'm in the dungeon where you have 6 villagers that, if killed, allow me to bring in a demon (or if they survive, they give heroes conquest tokens). The level is almost finished. I spawn two hell hounds and move them up to blast the villagers with my breath attacks. BUT, one of the heroes moves into the middle of the villagers and puts a "dodge" order on herself. I make the attack, and she decides to make me reroll the dice with her "Dodge" order.

The question is: Does her "dodge" order make me have to reroll my dice for the villagers too, OR does the reroll pertain only to her hero figure (meaning that the first roll still applies to the villagers)?

It seems kind of strange that the reroll pertians to the villagers who are, after all, not under dodge orders.

What's the rule?

As I understand it, the entire roll is changed as a result of a dodge. For instance, you roll your breath attack and the hellhounds do enough damage to kill every single villager. Unfortunately, the hero causes a reroll. You roll an X on the blue die. The end result is you miss the attack! Sorry.

The single Dodge order is valid for the whole AoE attack, the villagers are protected.

If two or more heros have Dodge in the same attack, just one Dodge order is used.

Clever hero. And addition text, as two words aren't enough for the forum gods.

PastorJK said:

As I understand it, the entire roll is changed as a result of a dodge. For instance, you roll your breath attack and the hellhounds do enough damage to kill every single villager. Unfortunately, the hero causes a reroll. You roll an X on the blue die. The end result is you miss the attack! Sorry.

What a shame. sad.gif Thanks.