Free skill on gold level of the campaign

By AndersHA, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I have for some strange reason gotten the idea that the heroes get a free skill upgrade when the campaign moves from silver to gold. I wanted to check this with the rules and cannot find anything about this. Is this just a houserule I've read about somewhere thinking it was part of the RAW?

They have the option if they are behind of doing the silver legendary dungeon, which in fact gives them a "free" skill. Other than that this is not a rule, and would be pretty devestating to a already weak OL at that point in the campaign.

Oh my god, would that suck for the OL. Gold is hard enough.

Ah.. it's the legendary dungeon reward. Of course.. thanks :)

I'm leading by a large amount in our campaign.. I think they need any upgrade they can get to keep up :)

I looked at the gold legendary dungeon as well. What's the crown of the elder king reward?

angel1977 said:

Ah.. it's the legendary dungeon reward. Of course.. thanks :)

I'm leading by a large amount in our campaign.. I think they need any upgrade they can get to keep up :)

I looked at the gold legendary dungeon as well. What's the crown of the elder king reward?

I believe the crown is an "other" item that grants you an armor bonus in addition to an armor buff for anyone around you. But I could be painfully wrong as I have not looked at the card since I unpacked me the game, heh.

LostSailor said:

I believe the crown is an "other" item that grants you an armor bonus in addition to an armor buff for anyone around you. But I could be painfully wrong as I have not looked at the card since I unpacked me the game, heh.

I want to say its a +2 armor bonus to the holder, and a +1 to the rest of the party?

Big Remy said:

LostSailor said:

I want to say its a +2 armor bonus to the holder, and a +1 to the rest of the party?

That sounds about in line with what I was thinking. Any more than that and it would start to become a little imbalancing.

It also states that effect tokens cannot be placed on the wearer!

+3 armor to wearer. +1 to all other heroes. Effect tokens cannot be placed on you.

I'm pretty sure it's an armor, though. I think the big advantages over other armors are a)no speed reduction b)no effects c)the bonus for the rest of the party and c) since it's a relic, it cannot be destroyed.

I think it's an Other.

Nope, it's an armor.