Stats for Titan and Abbadon

By Troscus, in Black Crusade Game Masters

Idle curiosity is fueling this, really, but I figure someone could actually use this as a GM. So guys, what stats would you give to a Titan and Abbadon in Black Crusade?

Whatever you feel like.

The short answer is "You Die". But as a more practical response, the Warhound Titan is statted in one of the Deathwatch Expansions (Rites of Battle, I think?)

Abbadon himself..... hmmm....

He's reasonably easy to figure out; whilst a bit of imagination could be used when figuring out his starting stats, he's fundamentally an astartes chaos lord, and whilst his stats will be at the top end achievable by such, they won't be beyond it. Start by multiplying his 40k stats by 10 and you're not far off.

The key thing is that you then slap all four marks of chaos on him. He wears best quality terminator armour. The Talon of Horus will be scary as hell, because it is as a minimum going to be a best quality lightning claw that's also a legacy weapon - and his Infamy bonus of 15 puts that into the "one-shots-marines-without-struggling" territory.

Drachn'yen is if anything even scarier. Essentially a daemon weapon with pretty much all the abilities going.

The key thing is that you simply won't encounter him without a massive force of chosen terminators and subordinate lords. He should never, in my mind, really be in a situation where he needs to roll dice.

He is mentioned in Tome of Excess as well for social interactions.

Abaddon the Despoiler

WS BS S T Ag Int Per WP Fel Inf

88 63 99* 77 43* 56 64 81 66 153

15 13 10 8

Move: 5/10/30/- Total TB: 13

Armor: Legion Terminator Armour(16 Arms, Body, Legs) Wounds: 80

Skills: Acrobatics, Awareness +30, Athletics +30, Charm +10, Command +30,

Common Lore(Imperium +20, War +30, ) Dodge +10, Decieve +20,

Forbidden Lore(Adeptus Astartes +30, Archeotech +30, Daemonology +30,

Pirates +20, The Horus Heresy +30, The Long War +30, The Warp: +30, Xenos +20),

Intimidate +30, Logic +20, Navigation(Surface +30, Stellar +30),

Operate(Aeronautica +20, Surface +10, Voidship +20), Parry +30,

Scholastic Lore(Legend +30, Occult +30, Tactica Imperialis +30),

Scrutiny +30, Survival +30, Stealth +10, Tech Use +30,

Talents: Air of Authority, Ambidextrious, Ancient Warrior, Berserk Charge,

Blademaster, Bladedancer, Blind Fighting, Bolter Drill, Bulging Biceps,

Cold Hearted, Combat Formation, Combat Master, Counter Attack, Crack Shot,

Crippling Strike, Crushing Blow, Deadeye Shot, Die Hard, Disarm, Fearless,

Inspire Wrath, Iron Jaw, Iron Discipline, Into the Jaws of Hell, Jaded, Hard Target,

Hardy, Hatred(Loyalist Astartes), Heightened Senses(All), Hip-Shooting, Killing Strike,

Lightning Attack, Lightning Reflexes, Mighty Shot, Nerves of Steel, Never Die,

Paranoia, Pity the Weak, Precise Blow, Preternatural Speed, Quick Draw, Rapid Reload,

Resistance(Cold, Heat, Poisons, Psychic Powers), Step Aside, Storm of Iron,

Strong Minded, Sure Strike, Swift Attack, Target Selection, Thunder Charge,

True Grit, Two-Weapon Wielder(Melee), Unarmed Warrior, Unarmed Master, Whirlwind of Death,

Traits: Amphibious, Brutal Charge(3), Dark Sight, Fear(3), Mark of Chaos Ascendant,

Regeneration(1), The Stuff of Nightmares, Touched by the Fates(4),

Unnatural Strength +6, Unnatural Toughness +6, Warmaster

Weapons:

Drach'nyen

WP: 72, BS: 3 Dmg: 2d10+26; Pen: 9, +10 to WS, Balanced, Felling(4),

Tearing, Warp Weapon, Sorcerous Force

Talon of Horus

Ranged Range: 100; S/4/-; Dmg: 1d10+20; Pen: 12;

Clip: 32; Rld: Half; Tearing, Twin-Linked

Melee Dmg: 1d10+36; Pen: 16; +10 to WS, Concussive(8), Proven(4), Power Field, Tearing; Special- Lightning Claw

Legacy Abilities: Bloodlust, Mangler, Slayer (and the rest of Bellicose, but they are already included)

Mark of Chaos Ascendant: Grants a Force Field with Rating 60 that never Overloads. Also counts as having the Peer Talent with all followers of the Dark Gods.

Warmaster: Abaddon can get his hands on anything he may need,

a Battlecruiser - no problem, a squad of Terminators - no problem, 3 million slaves - no problem. Anything he may need, aside from truly unique items, although even those may just be a matter of time.

Just an observation:

whilst it's tempting to give him every talent and trait going due to outrageous awesome, some of those are really unnecessary or wrong to my mind.

Touched by the fates: not needed. He has an infamy score - and has fifteen infamy points to boot.

Equally, since he's essentially stitched inside a suit of terminator plate, the Dodge skill and step aside talent are irrelevant.

S99 seems a little excessive - especially if giving him unnatural characteristics. Toughness, maybe, but I don't believe abbadon has any claim to being significantly stronger than any other chaos marine - he wears terminator plate and carries immensely powerful weapons, but I can't think of any reason why his actual stat should be higher (unlike Kharn, who specifically does have a higher-than-normal strength and is shown smashing things to bits bare-handed on occasion).

Strength - Outside Termie Armour he is only Strength 69... Which is still alot, but signifying a starting Strength of 49 with all Advances, and he is the Warmaster. And the extra Unnatural Strength, why not? You think the Gifts in the Core book are the only ones? :P

Dodge, while completely irrelevant while he is in a Termie suit is still provided for completeness. Much like many other NPCs...

On the issue of Step Aside you are just completely wrong, at least in BC. In BC Step Aside gives an extra Reaction which may be used for a Dodge OR a Parry.

Granted, Touched by the Fates is a bit iffy... Mostly due to my confusion over the fact that many NPCs, even Chaos aligned still have that trait AND Infamy. So never been completely sure if NPCs should be allowed to use Infamy points or just roll with Touched by the Fates. But by the Core book if a chaos aligned NPC has Infamy they can spend it... But for example the Bloodthirster has both.

And as far as the rest of the Talents go... He was a brutally great warrior before the Heresy, regarded as one of the greatest among the Astartes, and since then he has had X amount of centuries to refine those abilities. You'll notice that most talents are about leadership or brutal efficiency in combat - which are both fitting. And again, yes some are redundant - like Hardy, Die Hard and many other Nurgle specific ones... But are they truly redundant? No. Cause magicky **** and faith crap ignores "The Stuff of Nightmares".

//I actually forgot to list Unnatural Willpower +2 and Unnatural Fellowship +2, gained from Marks... Houseruled MoT to give Unnatural Will +2 instead, +1 being mostly useless after all.. Also tempted to Houserule in Unnatural Agility +2 in the Mark of Slaanesh, those "things" are supposed to be faster after all.

Other than that... Statting Abaddon was just something I did one day when I was bored... Had the document lying around so posted it as an example. :P

The short answer is "You Die". But as a more practical response, the Warhound Titan is statted in one of the Deathwatch Expansions (Rites of Battle, I think?)

The Warhound Titan stats in Rites of Battle make no sense at all - literally, a Baneblade could kill the thing in three Rounds, and did once when I playtested that combat for laughs.

Warhound Titans are light/small titans anyway. Baneblades are superheavy tanks. Its not that unrealistic with some lucky shots to have a shortish firefight. One tau broadside nearly knocked out an Ork stompa on tabletop in one round due to chain reactions.

Warhound Titans are light/small titans anyway. Baneblades are superheavy tanks. Its not that unrealistic with some lucky shots to have a shortish firefight. One tau broadside nearly knocked out an Ork stompa on tabletop in one round due to chain reactions.

True, but when (quite literally) a Carnifex has more damage reduction and potential than ANY TITAN AT ALL, you know you've gone wrong somewhere.