not engaged vs disengaged

By Valhall Awaits Me, in WFRP Rules Questions

hi, I just came across small rules issue, on of my players has Sniper Shot and Extreme Shot action cards. on both, in the requirements it says 'disengaged from target'. On regular Ranged Shot it says 'not engaged with the enemy'.

So my question is, in order to use Sniper Sot and Extreme Shot, the player has to perform disengage manoeuvre, or it is just another wording for 'not engaged' ?

thanks

I have always played it as being another wording for 'not engaged'. Actions such as Sniper Shot and Extreme Shot are meant to be taken from a long distance from the enemy, so chances are you will have no-one near you to disengage from. It would be a little daft to have to run up to the enemy and engage them, just so that you can disengage and shoot at them.

Gazery

I have always played it as being another wording for 'not engaged'. Actions such as Sniper Shot and Extreme Shot are meant to be taken from a long distance from the enemy, so chances are you will have no-one near you to disengage from. It would be a little daft to have to run up to the enemy and engage them, just so that you can disengage and shoot at them.

Gazery

thanks.

my first thoughts was that these are actions you do on a very close range, something like a ranged Riposte, but like you said, the descriptions of those actions doesn't match with 'disengage and shoot' tactic

It's the same thing.