new player question

By lass1, in Battles of Westeros

So this may be a very silly question but....

If your at the end of your turn and you still have a engagement token up on the board because both units survived and there was no retreat or disengagement. On your next turn can you attack your opponent once more or do you have to wait until the next round so your rallied back?

I feel like Im missing something obvious here.

Units need to be order to be eligible to attack. Hence, if you want to attack again in the same turn with this unit, you need to rally it (by spending a morale token or using a card) and then order that unit again. It's feasible, but requires a minimum of two action (unless some special cards are played; IIRC there's one card saying you can order & rally one unit at the same time, but, as said, it's ONE card)

Remember that even though the two engaged units are not capable to attack again during this turn unless you rally & reorder them, this doesn't mean you cannot order another unit and throw it in the mix, giving it also a bonus for flanking

Hope this helps :)

JULIA

There are no "silly" nor "dumb" questions IMHO. If it is a question in your mind, then you should feel free to ask it, and receive nothing more than a simple answer, without threat of derision. (I'm not saying Julia did that, but there are folks on these forums, and elsewhere, like BGG, where people seem to feel the need unfortunately to condemn people for asking questions to which they believe the answers are obvious)

That's a fair point Siffer. I never understood that attitude: if someone finds a question bothering, then, don't answer. Nobody is forced to answer any questions they don't like; but everyone is free to post any doubt he may have on the game. We all have different levels of comprehension of the rules and of the game (and often this change throughout the years; when I started playing, back in 2007, I had problems with Arkham Horror rules and I was helped by friends via forum), and we should all left free to ask when we don't understand something.

Generally speaking, FFG fora are much better than BGG under this point of view: 99.9% of people posting here are polite, respectful, mature. It's a good and safe environment to stay and talk about games.

That's a fair point Siffer. I never understood that attitude: if someone finds a question bothering, then, don't answer. Nobody is forced to answer any questions they don't like; but everyone is free to post any doubt he may have on the game. We all have different levels of comprehension of the rules and of the game (and often this change throughout the years; when I started playing, back in 2007, I had problems with Arkham Horror rules and I was helped by friends via forum), and we should all left free to ask when we don't understand something.

Generally speaking, FFG fora are much better than BGG under this point of view: 99.9% of people posting here are polite, respectful, mature. It's a good and safe environment to stay and talk about games.

"+1"