Un-Named Steel Strategy Armada Podcast

By shmitty, in Star Wars: Armada

On 2/2/2020 at 4:35 PM, BiggsIRL said:

It's like I was there the whole time.

I just want to share that I have taught my son Coaster or Gold (he's 7), and my wife came out when he was singing it a couple days ago after listening to your podcast and just shook her head and sighed.

So, BiggsIRL, you are now a bonafide celebrity in our home. Also, love the podcast as well.

1 hour ago, erikwm said:

I just want to share that I have taught my son Coaster or Gold (he's 7), and my wife came out when he was singing it a couple days ago after listening to your podcast and just shook her head and sighed.

So, BiggsIRL, you are now a bonafide celebrity in our home. Also, love the podcast as well.

I'm so sorry.

You asked wich song you should sing for "who the ef is that?"

Well....

8 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

I just need to cattle prod @BiggsIRL until he can pronounce his Wifu’s name correctly 😀

a-GATE or a-ga-TE, she is beautiful either way!

21 minutes ago, BiggsIRL said:

a-GATE or a-ga-TE, she is beautiful either way!

Odd way of spelling Norra Wexley.

Well, I got my mention. "Gross and wrong."

Thanks guys! :)

17 minutes ago, LTD said:

Well, I got my mention. "Gross and wrong."

Thanks guys! :)

You are very welcome.

Gotta say I love the podcast y’all 😀 great work, great analysis, and funny

IMHO, easily the best Armada podcast in production right now

You guys said you were looking for topics of discussion. I was wondering if you had any advice on building an armada community in your area? Right now, just me/one other guy are invested in it, but we a a group of about 12 people who rotate around and play with us. However, we run into the problem that a) we just own everything and no one else wants to buy the game since they can just mooch off of us and b) a few people wanted to get in and there is just no stock for a lot of the staples (which is not a problem that we can solve).

So, how do you help get people over the hump and into the game, despite these issues? I'm/my buddy are happy to loan out ships that people are missing if, for instance, they buy it for a game night or whatever to help with issue 2, but how do we get people over the hump and interested into actually purchasing the game, building a community, etc? We've got a FLGS that we can host events at, but not enough ships to cover more than 12 players at 400 points, and that would be stretching it/getting really interesting on fleets. (For instance, we have a total of 6 fighter pack i's for each side, but when you have to build 6 fleets that's... not a lot anymore...)

so, how do you build a community is what I'm asking. Love the podcast- it's a great listen!!!!!

Probably the best plastic spaceship journalism since CGYSO. Excellent work!

As far as how to pronounce Kyrsta’s last name... I’m pretty sure it’s, “A-get.” An agate is an actual thing (a type of ornamental gemstone), so absent any reason to change the pronunciation, I think you just leave it.

While we’re on the subject of mispronounced Commander upgrades, everyone has taken to calling our favorite Imperial maneuver artist “JER-jer-rod.” That’s incorrect. It’s “jer-JER-rud.”

Edited by Cpt ObVus
1 hour ago, Cpt ObVus said:

Probably the best plastic spaceship journalism since CGYSO. Excellent work!

As far as how to pronounce Kyrsta’s last name... I’m pretty sure it’s, “A-get.” An agate is an actual thing (a type of ornamental gemstone), so absent any reason to change the pronunciation, I think you just leave it.

While we’re on the subject of mispronounced Commander upgrades, everyone has taken to calling our favorite Imperial maneuver artist “JER-jer-rod.” That’s incorrect. It’s “jer-JER-rud.”

The indication we have (from Marc Thompson, via the Audiobook versions of Aftermath ) is Along the lines of "Aw-Gate".

Following the podcast's advice, I reached out to a few local stores about October-December Primes and have already gotten a response. Thanks!

Edit: Where's Christmas Yoda?

Edited by Bertie Wooster
1 hour ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Following the podcast's advice, I reached out to a few local stores about October-December Primes and have already gotten a response. Thanks!

Edit: Where's Christmas Yoda?

That being said, I contacted the german organized play manager from Asmodee the very next day after listening to tour show Last wednesday. Thursday he responded, he didn't know of any application window.

Lo and behold: Last friday Asmodee Germany announced just that application window (one day after I got my mail back...)

So i guess, our community manager checked back with FFG and opened the application.

What do we get of this? Some niche game podcast is responsible for the organized play schedule in Germany.

That, or it's all just a big coincidense ;)

16 minutes ago, NewGandhi said:

That being said, I contacted the german organized play manager from Asmodee the very next day after listening to tour show Last wednesday. Thursday he responded, he didn't know of any application window.

Lo and behold: Last friday Asmodee Germany announced just that application window (one day after I got my mail back...)

So i guess, our community manager checked back with FFG and opened the application.

What do we get of this? Some niche game podcast is responsible for the organized play schedule in Germany.

That, or it's all just a big coincidense ;)

Hey, after all, they finally realized they had the leftover Tie/XWings missing from the prime kits laying there too. So a lot of thing were put into motion for the german scene because of this podcast 😉

6 minutes ago, RealVeers said:

Hey, after all, they finally realized they had the leftover Tie/XWings missing from the prime kits laying there too. So a lot of thing were put into motion for the german scene because of this podcast 😉

And 10,000 Arquitens?!

23 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

And 10,000 Arquitens?!

When all you need is a knife

"What did you do on your weekend, Biggs?" Oh, I re-watched Season 1 of Rebels to determine who the most deadly member of Spectre was based on kill count. Listen to our podcast (we are recording on Thursday) to find out who!