Does anyone wish that this could have been Star Wars?

By IceQube MkII, in Runewars Miniatures Game

Tell you what, I thought about it some more... by using their own IP and a relatively unknown world, they have a lot of creative freedom... might be good for us!

I'm glad it's not Star Wars. There is already plenty of games out there for Star Wars fans. I prefer metal swords to laser swords, and I'm not really a fan of space wizards.

Owning the intellectual property is a huge bonus because the game (if it is great, which I think it will be) will continue as long as it is popular and can't be held hostage by some licensing agreement.

@dboeren

Can it be argued that they learned from XWing to make Armada (different colored attack dice)... maybe RuneWars is the cumulation of their efforts?

I bet that they have their A-team on this... considering what they are trying to do.

I feel XWing has a maintain the cash cow team?

Many of the gamers I know feel this way (About the Armada being the next step of how to make Xwing better)

Xwing is a great and fun game. I like it. But Armada show what the intervening years of development time could do. I'm really hoping that Runewar goes to be the next step and it really shines in the Warmachine/AOS/Warhammer miniature game field, something it could easily do.

I would like a similar Star Wars game, 10 or 15mm would be great as to feature the crazy vehicles more. But I do like the idea of this game and will give it a try as soon as I can manage.