Sorry last post was TLDR...don't even click. Cliff Notes: the release is crap and we all got crapped on.

By AdmiralNelson, in Star Wars: Armada

Seems like a fine young chap. nothing against him. He is just suffering from mob mentality at this moment. It to shall pass. The grasshopper legs are a kicking and the hidden locus part of his normal brain is turning up a notch as he become part of the common good to rid those who don't think like him on the issue of plastic crack. Other than this minor snafu, I have no doubt when he is done putting everyone in their place he will get back to the normal business of answering question and providing good council. He certainly went out of his way to help me before so I am very grateful. Loving this wine. Stag's Leap. Did you know that this was the wine that helped usurp the French from their mighty throne an put a hole in the wall place called Nala on the map. This 2012 Ne Cede Malis will rock your dinner party. The high fives will be amazing.

If you read some of the things Lyraeus writes about X-Wing, you'd hardly think he was an FFG shill. And that's downright wholesome compared to what he says about it in person, or when attending an X-Wing tournament.

ElSee , where's that popcorn!

The Milgram experiment ??

How the hell does that apply?! There's nobody in a lab coat telling us to zap you. We're taking the initiative to zap you, because you're practically begging for it.

Maybe you're thinking about the Stanford prison experiment ? That seems to be a closer corollary.

The Milgram experiment ??

How the hell does that apply?! There's nobody in a lab coat telling us to zap you. We're taking the initiative to zap you, because you're practically begging for it.

Maybe you're thinking about the Stanford prison experiment ? That seems to be a closer corollary.

You are correct good sir. It had no direct link but I love the experiment so and the fundamentals behind it are causal enough.

It applied only in the sense that people follow others. The Milram was more about authority but it is fundamentally all the same. The herd mentality, need to conform and fit in is ever-present.

More fitting was the experiment where they poured smoke slowly into a classroom supposedly next to a boiler room and everyone but one was a confederate. A few kept telling the student that is was just a little smoke nothing to worry about and to get back to work. the smoke (dry ice fog) got so bad students were pretending to cough etc and when the one subject would mention something they were told they better get back to the task given to them(some alternate phony experiment) otherwise they would not get credit and have to do it all over again. They said it was the boiler room and those do that, etc.

Just like here. Don't worry something else is left in wave III, blah, blah, balh. A bunch of people attempting to silence the critics.

My fingers are hurting, for the love of god please don't respond.

Let this post die.

So you say that we're the ones exhibiting compelled behavior?

Pppppppi cry uncle I am typing with left thumb right in ice.myou win.l,li tap out can't type anymore. Let it go.

Seriously though, are you selling your stuff? I'd be in the market if the price was right...

I'm sorry Mikael, I was asleep *passes popcorn*

I woke up to three pages (of AdmiralNelson'ing) before work. Suffice to say I haven't had time to read it all, but I did gather;

Mikael was without popcorn for an entire evening of popcorn-worthy posts.

The verb 'to AdmiralNelson' is now an official part of the English language.

And that it would be hilarious for AdmiralNelson and others to sell their collections at rock bottom prices just prior to a reveal of the other half of wave 3.

Also, AdmiralNelson suffered a stroke in his previous post. Because I can't even read that, Professor.

YOU SIR!!!! Write a lot.

And say so little.

There are many disappointed Armada players now after this wave 3 info from FFG.

And I think there is many core fans that will never post anything negative of Armada and will never admit they are disappointed.

Even as big fan I am of this game I have to say I am a little disappointed. It was not what I expected when I saw the first headline about wave 3 and my heart almost stopped out of excitement.

We have been waiting for any information for so long time that we almost thought they had abandoned the game. And then this…..

I have to say that I am skeptic and not a fan of the flotilla thing. Why would we have some ships in the same scale where some is a flotilla and some is just a small ship. I would have wished single ships of each type. Then bought how many I wanted or were likely to use in a game or game setting.

I also believe this is not all and that there are more ships coming in wave 3. FFG has a chance to redeem them self if they come up with some cool ships when they reveal the missing ships.

I know many don’t want the release to keep the same pace as X-wing where there was so many releases and unfamiliar ships that many couldn’t keep up with due to the money you had to put in. But I was hoping for a middle way between nothing and too much. The way they do it know, they lose customers in both games.

X-wing players may drop out because it moves to fast. I have to say it happened to me. I don’t collect or play anymore.

Armada players may get bored waiting and seek other games because the lack of information and slow down.

Here I am still a fan and I can’t see me ever stop to play this game. But maybe others will drop out and sell their collection on e-bay.

It is sad because it is such a great game , and I remembered I looked FFG web site every day in excitement. But now i feel tired waiting and use more time with other games....:-(

They are surly going to lose customers and money this way.

But this said I love the game to much to abandon it. I still want to keep collecting and playing it. Maybe that’s what FFG counts on....Too many loyal fans.......

I remembered I looked FFG web site every day in excitement. But now i feel tired waiting and use more time with other games....:-(

I don't understand this, like, at all.

You love the game, were excited about it, but don't want to play it?

What?

They are surly going to lose customers and money

I've seen this argument used before against wave three... And I still can't figure out how by releasing new product for a game that is going from strength to strength (according to sales figures at least) FFG are going to be losing money.

Nope no Jerry M.

But I warn you that this game was on the brink anyways and not taking care of the plastic crack addicts will hit you all in the ass because we are the people would buy tons of product which means yours can be at a lower price. We are all in this boat of making Armada into something lasting. That is what people don't get. You mess with the people who like the game because they like collecting a building a variety of neat looking fleets on the table plus wanting more cards than the same old same old and we leave the fledging game die with it. You might not agree with us, but the truth is if you want Armada to survive you need us, just like we need the tournament players. We are a community and when the plastic crack junkies don't get their fix for a year--who also tend to be the big sales team for the game by teaching others--the support drops and the game fades away. Everyone needs to get what they want for such a fledgling game. Do I like e addition? Probably, if they don't ram ships...sure, neat idea. But support at this critical juncture is key for maybe 25-35% of the players. All this talk about people not being able to afford stuff and are glad they slowed down are the ones keeping the game going and teaching others. It is the people with three tables at a convention with enough stuff for 12 player doing the work. When those people feel burned based on what wave II had, you risk the people who spend the most money on Armada from no longer doing their part to bring in new player which turns into new buyers. I get that some people don't care about the plastic crack addicts pl but you do so at your own peril. How many will paint there stuff and get into the game at this point big time with the new ere of uncertainty that this wave brings. This looks like to many that they are phasing out the game but using the specter of a few new things to fool people and trap them into a "possible" end game. It really could be a trap. The fact that FF is so cagy adds to the uncertainty. Company give guidance to shareholders so they can see where the company would like to go. Asmodee has strong connections to retailers who are losing a lot of shelf space for product that a lot of people are force to buy online because of the high sticker price. It could be that they are listening to the retailer who are saying they can't support the game anymore. This is either the result of small releases to keep shelf space reasonable or to phase it out entirely. The unknown means that there is no reason for me to demo game anymore because the work may prove to be fruitful. The offering offered little with regard to the confidence in the future of the game. Why would people like me paint buy tons of product, accessories, and pimped out fear to impress newcomers and build a community when all that work could be in vain. The juice isn't worth the squeeze at this point. I was going to drive over to Huntsville in April and teach and demo three 3x6' tables for 12 player or up to eight sessions. Time, hotel room cost etc. to just help grow what...I now have no idea if this game is going to exist in in the way I wanted it to flourish over a year. I got 90+ other game ps that I have neglected to get 12 regular players who don't want the same old same old. Just because it is cool with you doesn't me it is ok for the community of Armada. Armada is weak right now because it is still so new with a huge cost of entry. Who wants to buy into something if they don't think it is going to be supported. Sure plenty, but they aren't going to be the whale who by tons of product helping keep your costs down and the game going. We are in this thing to get her until it has matured. The point I was making is that this was a terrible time for many of us. You might think the plastic crackheads are fools by we pay the Armada bills and keep the lights on. We are also the ones who can take enough product to a gamestore and demo. I need more ship to demo. I can only have so many corvettes and neb bs plus I need more upgrades because ai am tired of buying expanded hangers, X-17s, etc. on eBay. With other ships to fill in fleets, it costs people less to demo. To demo three tables of 12 people you need 6 damage decks. 1 from from the core and then buy 5 others at $10 a piece as you can slowly get you hands on them as they pop up. I was salty because I just got done with several hundred hours of painting. Just asking the pros in the painting forums about how to paint better, getting an air brush to put the base coats on thin unlike cans, etc. takes time and money. I did this with the expectation that waves like I and Two would be the norm. Even if they only happened once a year, I was betting on the fact that 4 ships and some squadrons would be produced very year to keep the game fresh. I really wanted new upgrade cards as much as new ships. I wanted a different sort of counter to the massive R ball that pops up at 500-600 points that forces the rebels into having to go a certain limited way. So I am not happy about another year of that and possibly more. Since I know we will find that intolerable soon and have to house rule some things, it is better to just cut bait.

No I don't want anyone else leaving, but I do want you to communicate to FF that you are not happy with the signal of uncertainty that the wave gives off and are concerned that people will leave causing the game you like with tiny wave to end with no waves. If the game crashes I am actually sitting on a gold mine as my extra stuff would be worth enough to support my game habits for years.

Again, the only Jerry m part would be that this is a Memo and you better start support each other needs--especially the plastic crack addicts--or resign yourself to the possibly of one day saying, " Ok, this is what the game will always be when it gets cancelled can I deal with it." I can. I'll alway come back an play two, three times a year, but it is just another game now. I sure would be a part of FF free sales force drumming up new players because I am not about to sell them uncertainty.

20 Quatloos for the newcomer....

As an aside...your rant to "get people to leave with you" only makes you look like a petulant child.... FYI....

He's trying to pull a Jerry Maguire.

540_293_resize_20130701_623e979db8ce11f2

1k... Lightweight.

Oh god. . .I was a redshirt at a GW when it closed, and I made the foolish mistake of looking my name up on the register for total purchase amounts. The horror. . .

Yeah please go ahead and pile on Lyraeus. Your a company man selling a blog so you to sell whatever GF gives you. I haven't heard you mention one negative thing about armada. You're one of the faithful the drinks the cool aid that FF can do no wrong. I gave up chess years ago when I got to 1750+\- because I didn't want to explore are the minutia. Not everyone is like you and you should learn to respect differences of opinion. Taking personal shots and talking about my past profession does this conversation no good. But since that is the only a few of the tunes you got, you're going to play that card. The truth is wave II set and expectation and going a year with this small addition is rediculous. armada is fine and well in your area so you think it must be that way everywhere, but you likely fail to grasp the big picture of the plastic crack addict's need for new stuff and our need help keep the prices down and game going. We don't want maintain, we want upgrade cards and new capital ships. I respect you happiness to enjoy the finer detail, but wish you had the balls to stand up and respect my view as well. Because there is no right or wrong way to enjoy the game like you are telling me to. However, my way of playing pays the bills for the game and keeps it viable and highly profitable profitable while keeping the cost down for other ps who buy only on faction and few accessories. The wave also adds a great deal of.uncertainty (read that part above! which is not good for a fledgling game. This wave could possibly be heralding the end of the game. It takes up tons of shelf space but doesn't sell in many stores because people have to buy this expensive stuff at the online stores to get it at reasonable prices. The flight to online retailers is nothing new but the reason so many game store don't support/push Armada is the cost. Asmodee is really close with retailers and responsive so maybe the smaller waves are a nod to them to keep the amount of shelf space the game gobbles up. Maybe the "break this year" is to get the retailers a break in the hope he game will grow enough that a bigger pool of armada players means more that will also be willing to support their FLGS. FF/Asmodee is really putting the retailers in a pickle with a game like this.

Lyreaus, you have to paint a rosy picture because your blog depends on it, but when people like me are the first rats of the ship then you might get stuck with all the chess-like minutia you can get. You might truely be fine by that and I support your enjoyment, but please don't expect me to enjoy the game the way you do--especially because us plastic crackheads put the Armada roof over your head. I do appreciate all that you have done for the community and it is unfortunate that you found it in your best interest to throw spit balls as well to to either engender support from you based or drivimg up some. I was hoping you might be above that. Good luck to you. Seems like whichever the way the wind blows on this you'll be fine. For those of us who spent more money than you on this hoping for more don't share your sentiment and there are plenty of us pissed off by the meager offering. Once all those holding out hope from all the tea leaves expire, you'll see the real backlash. Wave III is is this year and people are going to only get angrier about it as time goes on. Mark my words.

Sorry, I can't go back and edit this. I am typing on a phone this time which is worse than my IPad mini. The auto correct sucks so you'll have to infer meaning from words that get changed when my fat fingers hit the wrong button. I'm a shark who keep swimming when it come to these forums I don't retype fixing junk that will just be ridiculed anyways.

I'll be actually departing after my Magna culpa or however is is spelled or called. I don't feel like looking it up. I got nothing to prove online. I am typing the final argument, the one ai should have made yesterday, in a minute on the notepad section of the IPad so I can type faster and will cut and paste when done. I read every post and response and have taken it all in. I know the score on what people are thinking about wave III on the forums at this point. Their thoughts will guide this quick final posts. I actually listen more than I talk. I have thought long and hard about the future of this probable game--which is anyone's guess of course.

Unfortunately, it is ill be less rant and more normal discourse, but at this point it will still make for some easy "popcorn." No real ships to discuss so bashing me is more fun. Soon you'll have new material to crap on and can go back to feeling good and ganging up--it should really rock the seritonin levels of some of you brothers-in-arms. Being apart of any club, group, gang, party, cult, movement, etc. helps the members--the righteous few--feel good about themselves because they are apart of something. Search your souls, clicking that post button and giving it to someone feels good when you got people backing you up doesn't it? Getting those likes, virtual high fives for being a team player, also feels good doesn't it? You all feel better working together on this project..chastising me for wanting the expectation set in wave II when the game still remains on the precipice and given an uncertain future. It gives you a sense of belonging putting me down.

I'm almost gone. Sure people will say ai'm only saying that etc. also to feel good against yoir common punching bag. I don't Ming being your punching bag at all. I am too old to mind. My final post will be nothing great because I will type it in 25-30 minutes tonight or in the morning. It won't be a rant or anything of the such. I'll just be outlining again the point that we are all a community blah, blah, blah and that you need all of us and therefore should not be frustrated at the plastic crack addict, but support them if this game is to survive at this critical juncture. I see two ways is goes from here. I am no fortune teller, so I admit these are just educated guesses. Small waves or it dies from the lack of support. I really don't know which will happen, but do know that your chances where better with the plastic crackheads than against.

Soon you'll get a second chance to bolster that sense of self esteem...go on I can feel that need to be a part of something ...all alone in your chair...it flowing through you making you stronger. Seriously, the bandwagon thing you're on is like a bunch of a certain type of grasshoppers that get together to kick the hind legs of one another in an effort to molt into the voracious locus. Rapid kicking of the hind legs boost the seritonin until the creature complete Morpheus into a gremlin eating 10 times what they ate defore and swarming in a giant rave changing other grasshoppers who are normally completely solitary creatures. The serotonin hitting you brains right now for being apart of something and feeding off other's bandwagon, spitball efforts be apart of something is delightful. Some of you might actually are likely very mad about the wave news but can't help needing to be apart of the I don't care bandwagon because the need to belong is so powerful--especially for the nerds, people used to being on the outside. Besides staying at a Holiday inn express, I was a frat boy years past with Psy as one of my three majors so I know a little something aboit need for being apart of something. Of course back then, the most important thing we wanted was good wingmen for the women. We were ALL gentlemen so don't insult is on that account. Social Psy.. Great course. I highly recommend it. Watch the youtube video of the banned Milgrum experiment because it will blow your mind. People are awesome. This here is all classic mob mentality...really good stuff.

Who is next to pile on and get some free serotonin. All it takes is just a few key and you'll be feeling better, apart of something, connected in hate. Play on player...play on. What pie you got for me?

All this endless text and I can only find two comments to make... Firstly we really do not need people like you to keep the community alive Admiral. We need people who are positively engaged with the community to help engage and encourage new players. Not people who will 'nerd-flip' and throw their toy spaceships around just because the company that makes the game has the audacity to release new content that they do not like.

Secondly, who gives up such a beautifully designed game like Chess because they "didn't want to explore the minutia [sic]" of the game? How shallow and self aggrandised must a person be to even relate to the intricacies of a game like Chess as 'trivial' and declare themselves out on that basis. Unless of course, as your rants would often show, you have some sort of attention disorder that can only be sated by the constant promise of something new. If that is the case I'd suggest you take a look at some of FFG's Living Card Games. They often have an almost monthly release schedule and hence have constantly changing and evolving meta's that might be able to hold your interest.

I'm loving how this went from "unite behind me mob! It's time to be rude jackasses to FFG!" to "you should be ashamed of yourselves, rude mob, for uniting against me and being jackasses! SHEEPLE!"

200.gif

sheeple.png

@hoothtooth: Maybe you're not at the level to that level in chess where the only why to get better is to memorize endless opening theory....pages and pages and pages from a book much thicker than the bible. Very boing to get look back and find you go beat on move 7 just because you didn't momorize correct move order of an obscure line that the opponent focused on. Bobby Fisher had the same complaint about chess so I guess there might be something to that complaint. In chess you get better and better until you hit a brick wall and you never get over that wall because the more opening theory you know puts you in a class of people who are attempting to memorize more. It becomes an endless cycle. With all the euro games out there, I just don't see the need to ever play chess again. Gaming is so much better dthese days with the plethora of games out with unique, complex decision making that scratch the chess itch much better.

@WWPD: enjoy the saratonin. Leg hurt grasshopper.

Personal curiosity Nelson...what subject do you teach?

Not bashing or set to bash..just curious.

@hoothtooth: Maybe you're not at the level to that level in chess where the only why to get better is to memorize endless opening theory....pages and pages and pages from a book much thicker than the bible. Very boing to get look back and find you go beat on move 7 just because you didn't momorize correct move order of an obscure line that the opponent focused on. Bobby Fisher had the same complaint about chess so I guess there might be something to that complaint. In chess you get better and better until you hit a brick wall and you never get over that wall because the more opening theory you know puts you in a class of people who are attempting to memorize more. It becomes an endless cycle. With all the euro games out there, I just don't see the need to ever play chess again. Gaming is so much better dthese days with the plethora of games out with unique, complex decision making that scratch the chess itch much better.

So many things can go wrong. A game that is solely based on overall skill rather than theory. . .

This is Madness!!!!

Madness? THIS IS ARMADA!!!!! *kick*

@WWPD: enjoy the saratonin. Leg hurt grasshopper.

. . .wut?

Personal curiosity Nelson...what subject do you teach?

Not bashing or set to bash..just curious.

Anger management.

And can someone please define "leg hurt grasshopper"? Is it like a butt hurt neckbeard?

EDIT - Also, the forums edit out the "butt" if you turn "butt hurt" into a compound word. The more you know.

Edited by reegsk