SirWilli's Workshop: X-Wing 2.0 stuff

By SirWillibald, in X-Wing

Sir Willi, you are the best! Great work, I'm a big fan! Still haven't gotten around to making my wave 7 boxes though, but soon!

IMAG1333_zps0x8ckaam.jpg

IMAG1332_zpsvrolcts6.jpg

IMAG1335_zps5fwtsi19.jpg

Hi everybody,

GearBoxes v3.0 online, including all ships released so far!

http://www.sirwillibald.com/?page_id=753〈=en

More to come, currently working on a major website relaunch.

Edited by SirWillibald

Sorry, forgot to add the new Damage Deck Boxes, there you go, v5.0 now includes the Gozanti:

http://www.sirwillibald.com/?page_id=753〈=en

Here's the german preview (english version to be found on my website, of course):

_dsc0810.jpg

*whistle*

20160310.jpg

English version will be available, too! :)

Download not ready, a few minor tweaks needed.

And btw, wave 8 hangars will follow as soon as I get my hands on the new ships, don't have them, yet...

The English zip file tells me it's corrupted and won't open. I tried the German and that one worked, so it's not my unzipper.

Just gluing some of your Microhangers together. Fantastic work, thank you!

The English zip file tells me it's corrupted and won't open. I tried the German and that one worked, so it's not my unzipper.

Just gluing some of your Microhangers together. Fantastic work, thank you!

:)

Anyone else having an issue with the downloads cutting out early? I got a friend to try it and had the same issue. I am trying to get the Armada png ENG Hangars in particular and it will download somewhere between 7-20 meg and say it is done but the zip file will declare it is corrupt (as I would expect since it should be a 29 meg file). I have tried about 10 times using different net connections (2 different ISPs and my phone carrier) but the same problem every time.

Anyone else having an issue with the downloads cutting out early? I got a friend to try it and had the same issue. I am trying to get the Armada png ENG Hangars in particular and it will download somewhere between 7-20 meg and say it is done but the zip file will declare it is corrupt (as I would expect since it should be a 29 meg file). I have tried about 10 times using different net connections (2 different ISPs and my phone carrier) but the same problem every time.

I had to use 7-zip for the file I was trying for. It only had 4 pdfs in the zip file when it finished where the German version has 7. I'm blaming something on my end currently.

Edit: just tried it again and got all 8 files!

Edited by ViscerothSWG

Sorry guys, I really don't know why this keeps happening every now and then. I can download everything without any problems and the files should be flawless. You can find a few hints on my FAQ page, including a mirror link to my dropbox if it doesn't work at all.

Should anybody have a clue how to fix this, feel free to tell me!

Thanks for the heads up about the Dropbox link. Retrieving the files now. :)

Hi guys, I've got a few mails and stuff asking for wave 8 hangars. Rest assured, I'm already working on them, in fact they are nearly done, here's a little preview:

previe11.jpg

Those **** little specs graphics took me some time, have to take photos of the ships and do some photoshop to make them, bit time consuming. More infos once everything is done and of course the resolution will be better than above...

Doing daily refreshs on your site for the wave 8 stuff!! cant wait!

Looking awesome of course. I'm excited about the new upgrade card box, going to have to try that out.

*sigh*, done.

2016-010.jpg

http://www.sirwillibald.com/?p=2715〈=en

Wave 8 MicroHangars and GearBoxes ready to rumble. Really exhausted now, was a ton of work.

But nevertheless feel free to tell me about any mistakes you might find, everything is completely new (details on my website). I did my best to eliminate all bugs but I'm not perfect.

Have fun!

So, do you normally print on regular paper and then glue that onto card stock? Or do you print onto heavy weight paper to begin with?

So, do you normally print on regular paper and then glue that onto card stock? Or do you print onto heavy weight paper to begin with?

I went searching for card stock on Amazon and wound up buying this: http://www.amazon.com/Neenah-Vellum-Bristol-Inches-Brightness/dp/B006P1ER8O

It worked well for the damage deck holders I've made. There's probably something better out there, but I gave up searching after so much sorting paper weights in product descriptions

Check out the FAQ on my page, you should find your answer there!

EDIT:

ViscerothsSWG tip might help, personally I'd prefer a heavier paper (110lb or 200gsm).

Edited by SirWillibald

Great stuff SirWillibald! My wife and I greatly appreciate your work!

Edited by spartan1128

As usual, great job on these. I just finished assembling all the wave 8 boxes. That Ghost one is huge.

For those in the States wondering about paper, try this pack from Walmart. 110 lb., $6, 150 sheets. It goes through the printer great and has enough strength to protect your precious models.

HAPPY CUTTING EVERYONE :D

Its gonna be a looonnnng night!

For those in the States wondering about paper, try this pack from Walmart. 110 lb., $6, 150 sheets. It goes through the printer great and has enough strength to protect your precious models.

Gosh this makes me feel like an idiot... I picked up 250 sheets from Office Depot of the same 110lb 199g/m^2 paper for $20. But I will agree that it prints just fine and works great for making these. I lightly score the folds and it ends up with neat crisp lines.

SirWilli, thank you very much for these. I've been using pluck foam since I picked up the game, but my storage solution was finally taxed out with W8, especially with the Ghost. I was planning on no longer bringing all of my stuff with me all the time when I came across your boxes. I have now made boxes for all of my imps and scum ships, and they take up about half the space they used to. While I continue to use (for now) foam for my Rebels, it won't be long before space demands require me to make these for all of the rebels as well. At which point I won't hesitate to spend an afternoon putting it all together.

Gosh this makes me feel like an idiot... I picked up 250 sheets from Office Depot of the same 110lb 199g/m^2 paper for $20. But I will agree that it prints just fine and works great for making these. I lightly score the folds and it ends up with neat crisp lines.

SirWilli, thank you very much for these. I've been using pluck foam since I picked up the game, but my storage solution was finally taxed out with W8, especially with the Ghost. I was planning on no longer bringing all of my stuff with me all the time when I came across your boxes. I have now made boxes for all of my imps and scum ships, and they take up about half the space they used to. While I continue to use (for now) foam for my Rebels, it won't be long before space demands require me to make these for all of the rebels as well. At which point I won't hesitate to spend an afternoon putting it all together.

Scoring the lines in a must. I use the back of my box cutter or X-acto knife and a metal ruler upside down('cause the cork backing makes it impossible to score or cut straightly) as a straight edge. It actually scores the paper about 1/3 - 1/2 through, but I haven't had any issues with the folds breaking. If I think I've scored it too deeply, I just run the gluestick down the fold in question after the box is finished.

Edited by Wichenstaden