Vassal Clone Wars Tournament

By Green Knight, in Star Wars: Armada

My "maybe" is an "in."

Please switch me to EU

Edited by Mrks.

Change me to 'in' and move me to Europe please - my work hours/free time align me Europe currently.

Edited by stoebner

Change me to 'In' as well. And as an American trapped in Europe currently, I think my timeline better aligns with my European brethren also.

ATM we have 30 players singed up. That's really good.

12 EUR 18 US ATM.

In other news:

• Someone on reddit has a copy of the card pack/clone war stuff, and has posted images of everything that matters.
  • We've already had the 1.5 rules spoiled (in German, but still)

I'll be updating Warlords with the latest points as soon as I've got things verified.

Let tentatively aim for a fleet submission date of Friday Dec 4th. Then I can use my B-day (the 5th) to look at fleets :P You don't need much more time than that - everyone is clueless at this stage. But seeing all those fleets, and watching them in action, will kickstart the Clone Wars for everyone.

I am in, EU please

Hi @Green Knight , maybe I do not want to be a maybe anymore but a be! Count me in! I am EU

Edited by Beginner2Winner

I'm in if there's still room :) (EUR)

If theres still room count me in!

One game a week, in a sensible timezone.

I'll return for this

Could we start from 7 December?

Till 6th Im on duty at hospital.

39 minutes ago, NairoD said:

Could we start from 7 December?

Till 6th Im on duty at hospital.

I'd prefer 11th, cuz that's the estimated delivery of CW here in Hungary at our retailer :D

But I understand if you guys want to start earlier and will join in any case if I can!

I'm in if there is still space.

Some updates:

RULES

We'll use 1.5 rules. They have been released by Asmodee in German. Soon to follow in English.

• SAdv, Bail & Ppyce Banned
  • Pass tokens
  • Buffed Evade
  • Max 4 aces (uniques with def tokens)
  • Non-recurring exhaust cards (to pay to ready them, as indicated in the RIGHT HAND sidebar)
  • New left-sidebar for tracing "charges" (i.e. command tokens) on the upgrade card
  • New squadron keywords

We'll use updated costs/game text from the card pack. Warlords already has the new costs, but not all of the new images. I'll add as soon as I get them. Feel free to start crafting the ultimate fleets!

• Engine Tech: Despite weak wording from FFG, ET exhausts after overlapping a ship, end of story.

FORMAT

Since we want this tourney to be quick and fun (and not interfere with the WC too much) I've decided to split the players into 2 groups: EUR and US.

By default all players are in the US group, unless it says EUR next to their name. IF you want to switch group, let me know ASAP.

Each group will play 3 rounds Swiss. Top 4 of each group will got to a top 8 cut, where 3 elimination rounds will decide who wins the Clone Wars!

DATES/DEADLINES

Fleet submissions: December 4th (I'll provide a link soon).

Start r1: As soon as I can mange after receiving fleets, no later than Monday, December 7th.

Rounds: Each round will last no more than 1 week. If you can't handle 1 game a week, don't join ;) Really, you want to play quick fun games of Clone Wars, so just get it done. It'll be fun and no pressure.

Round 1 deadline: Sunday, December 13th.

End date: Hoping to get the Swiss rounds out of the way before the Holidays, and then go immediately into elimination rounds.

Prizes: Winning the Clone Wars should be enough.

12 hours ago, Beanicus said:

I'm in if there is still space.

There is space. No upper limit.

@Green Knight what ist the point limit? I assume 400

34 minutes ago, NairoD said:

@Green Knight what ist the point limit? I assume 400

Standard 400, yes :)

Top post updated:

FLEET SUBMISSIONS

Fleet submission link: https://forms.gle/t5jZopZMKgRkX68A7

Deadline is December 5th

Armada Warlords has the new points (it's WIP, updated card images are coming): http://armadawarlords.hivelabs.solutions/

EVENT INFO

We're using tabletop.to to show players/lists, generate pairings, and track points.

EURO: https://tabletop.to/vassal-cw-swiss-euro

US: https://tabletop.to/vassal-cw-swiss-us

Cut: TBA

RULES

Standard 400 points, max 134 in squads.

For sure a great event. Thank you Green Knight for organizing it.

May I ask if known playtesters are excluded so that everybody starts with the same empty cup in their heads?

I won't have my copy of the new faction till the 14th. I thought having a copy of the game is a pre-requisite to allow the Vassal version to exist. Maybe misunderstanding on my side.

I'm sure the Vassal version contributes a lot to the Community but when it comes to new releases, I prefer fair play and let us have the cool miniatures first 🙂 before we see Vassal running ahead of time.

I'm super excited about the realeses. Same as you, no doubt.

@medaloffairness playtesters usually struggle because they want to try out new combos they cant yet because the cards arent released. Wouldnt worry about it.

Is nu vassal ready already? Will there be practice time prior to the 4th?

2 minutes ago, Irishmadcat said:

Is nu vassal ready already? Will there be practice time prior to the 4th?

Nu-Vassal will probably be online sometime tomorrow. But you're not supposed to be practiced - the tournament IS practice :D

I'm in - thanks for your work on Warlords/vassal to get this going

Also seeing my availability I better go Euro... I'm not going to have EST evenings available at all during the duration of the tourney

2 hours ago, Green Knight said:

Nu-Vassal will probably be online sometime tomorrow. But you're not supposed to be practiced - the tournament IS practice :D

Ah :)