Armada: Clone Wars announcement at GAMA

By Herowannabe, in Star Wars: Armada

Just announced. To be released Q4 of this year.

Merry Christmas everyone. :)

89837068_10157167252724607_1818408742748

Edited by Herowannabe
added pic

So Q2 2021. Got it.

1 minute ago, Herowannabe said:

Happy Easter.

#fixedthatforyou

1 minute ago, Jedirev said:

Happy Easter.

#fixedthatforyou

Q4 = Out in time for Christmas.

#nofixneededthankyou

3 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

Q4 = Out in time for Christmas.

#nofixneededthankyou

When FFG meet a shipping date, I'll eat my hat. 🤠

Edited by Jedirev
9 minutes ago, Jedirev said:

When FFG meet a shipping date, I'll eat my hat. 🤠

Imma save this just in case.

I can’t wait to take on the role of nefarious banking clans and trade federations! And no, I’m not being facetious.

With Coronas running amuck I think it’ll be june next year

Yeah as much as I am looking forward to this between all the delays and the Corona panic I am guessing Q1 2021 at least.

Would love to be wrong, but everything has been getting delayed as of late.

Q42020... FFGs very tentative date... realistically somewhat later.

If you read the FB comments, the release date is already wrong. Apparently they literally laughed when someone asked about its accuracy. Almost certainly a result of China's manufacturing halt due to Covid-19.

Edited by Truthiness

What do you think, when will they announce starting sets with articles (or something similar)? Can't wait for it!

15 minutes ago, sasska said:

What do you think, when will they announce starting sets with articles (or something similar)? Can't wait for it!

We MIGHT see a tease at Gencon followed by a teaser article but I wouldn't expect a full article until the quarter before it actually releases. So Q4 this year?

Q4 ....2021....if the boat find his way

We have been waiting for the SSD for years. We can as well wait for Clone Wars. We are used to it 😁

I can't find any tweets or GAMA posts about this - can you point me at something besides this picture? I didn't see FFG on the list for presenters, but I don't know if my searches are looking in the right place.

Thanks!

Having seen FFG miss release date after release date, and still a strong supporter of FFGs armada products, I'm going to have to agree. We won't see it this year.

24 minutes ago, sithkhan said:

I can't find any tweets or GAMA posts about this - can you point me at something besides this picture? I didn't see FFG on the list for presenters, but I don't know if my searches are looking in the right place.

Thanks!

It wasn't FFG, it was Asmodee, as the presenter.

I'm still holding out hope that there will be an "official" FFG announcement of Clone Wars stuff at Adepticon. Hopefully with some images of the ship models too.

Duh I wish they would concentrate more on Star Wars instead of this.

Do you think that's also a hint about the ships? Acclamator and Consulars in the Republic core set?

32 minutes ago, Norell said:

Do you think that's also a hint about the ships? Acclamator and Consulars in the Republic core set?

Seems like a good guess

14 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

At long last.... looks like given the art we'll be getting these two beauties in good ol' Republic red.

14 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

Hmmmmm... I wonder if this means the Acclamator will be in the Clone Wars core set.

I was really hoping for the Venator and Providence in the core set.

Perhaps this just means the Acclamator assault ship and C70 Charger corvette will be in Wave 1.

20 minutes ago, Reavern said:

Hmmmmm... I wonder if this means the Acclamator will be in the Clone Wars core set.

I was really hoping for the Venator and Providence in the core set.

Perhaps this just means the Acclamator assault ship and C70 Charger corvette will be in Wave 1.

Just as the ISD and MC80 didn’t come in the original core set, I wouldn’t expect the Providence or Venator to appear in the Clone Wars core set. Having seen this promotional art, I’m now wondering if the core set will be an Acclamator, Consular cruiser, and Munificent Banking Clan frigate? All are pretty iconic, as far as the Clone Wars is concerned anyway.