Set 10

By Amanal, in Star Wars: Destiny

I like the idea of making this a prize kit, but I also hope that FFG can print it up and make a box set for players to purchase too. I have a terrible premonition of there being a distinct lack of product otherwise.

I would appreciate this since I live in asia and there's no way I'll be able to go wherever it's gonna be held. If the issue on why ffg is dropping the game is because of money then they should sell some to get as much juice out of destiny as possible.

I suspect the manufacturing cost for dice is a large part of the reason they're closing the game down. They're probably only giving away the playtest pre-print version of this set, and there will never be a full print. So 99% of the player base will never get a crack at it, and even those that do will never have 2 of the same die for elite characters.

That also means this will be the version that hasn't been cleaned up by playtesting and changing things that don't work, so it's likely to have major flaws.

I doubt they are making too many of those kits. Reign and Reverie from Netrunner was never printed at a high number after the license wasn't renewed.

If they were going to make a full production run, they would have just released Covert Missions normally and made the announcement prior to wave 10's release. Likely they have, as stated, a proof set, less than 50 copies. Just enough to use as final prizes.

The solution is pretty simple, put it on KickStater. You know just how much to make and everyone is happy.

Maybe if they start doing KS with all their new stuff they won't get production shortages?

On 1/17/2020 at 6:48 AM, Amanal said:

The solution is pretty simple, put it on KickStater. You know just how much to make and everyone is happy.

Maybe if they start doing KS with all their new stuff they won't get production shortages?

This would also be a great way for ffg to check how much support a game has.

I think the only problem with this is that ffg doesn't want to look unofficial and they're afraid that kickstart will make them look that way.

23 hours ago, toxic newb said:

This would also be a great way for ffg to check how much support a game has.

I think the only problem with this is that ffg doesn't want to look unofficial and they're afraid that kickstart will make them look that way.

Kickstarters starve out FLGS. If you want a game with a competitive scene, the stores holding the events need to profit from the product.

23 hours ago, gokubb said:

Kickstarters starve out FLGS. If you want a game with a competitive scene, the stores holding the events need to profit from the product.

Not having product in the quantity and time for players also starves them out.

I can't believe that we couldn't use technology to solve this problem, something that could include the store in the process.

Guys, any idea which one of the following is the Echoes of Destiny OP Kit:

G20D1 • Star Wars: Destiny 2020 S1 Tournament Kit
G20DA • Star Wars: Destiny 2020 S1 Premium Kit

FLGS trying to pre-order the correct kit. Thanks.

Are you kidding? Stores love KS. No middle man, no distributors, tons of people miss the KS while it’s open but want the stuff. If anything it’s the distributors that hate KS. Heck, half the KS I back are driven by FLGS buyers.

16 hours ago, Lobokai said:

Are you kidding? Stores love KS. No middle man, no distributors, tons of people miss the KS while it’s open but want the stuff. If anything it’s the distributors that hate KS. Heck, half the KS I back are driven by FLGS buyers.

Yeah one of the FLGS does that with us. They will ask if anyone is interested and do a group buy. Its not a bad business move really. Gets a pre-order with the extras and if someone backs out you got a hot item to peddle to someone else.

I don't think KS helps the main problem in that at initial release of any game the popularity doesn't spike until after it is already released. Doing a second printing via KS takes months which leaves us with the same results.

On 2/26/2020 at 7:17 PM, Lobokai said:

Until they need a restock, now good luck if the first print was just to cover the backers.