Official Character Art - Matsu Tsuko & Daidoji Uji

By ElSuave, in L5R LCG: Lore Discussion

The following sketches are from Privateer Press for their upcoming miniature crate line for L5R. As always with licenses, the licensee (FFG) must approve all art before it becomes final. Here is what Privateer Press shared today regarding some upcoming miniatures. There are some other miniatures/characters in there but these 2 characters have yet to be drawn under the FFG license.

http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/legend-of-the-five-rings-minicrate-subscriptions-live

Matsu Tsuko Daidoji Uji

Tsuko.jpg Daidoji_Uji.jpg

Thanks ElSuave, they are just...awesome.

So Uji is 6’2”? (That’s about 1,90 m)

Pretty tall for Rokugan, I didn’t remember him being so big in Old5R.

Well he is Crane so you have to adjust 8 inches for the ego.......

:P

I won’t say that we look down on everyone else by default, but when it just happens naturally...

I always pictured Matsu Tsuko as much shorter as well. Like a tiny ball of fury.

16 minutes ago, Hida Jitenno said:

I always pictured Matsu Tsuko as much shorter as well. Like a tiny ball of fury.

May not be exact measurements as all the woman are listed as 5'10" (including the naga) as much as just be the average that they are working from for scaling.

Naga1A.jpg

The Naga has a rattle?

24 minutes ago, Coyote Walks said:

Naga1A.jpg

The Naga has a rattle?

It is a very unusual given that Rattlesnakes are only native to North America, but it does provide interesting imagery to work from and would be an amusing trait to incorporate into story

15 hours ago, Schmoozies said:

It is a very unusual given that Rattlesnakes are only native to North America, but it does provide interesting imagery to work from and would be an amusing trait to incorporate into story

The old Clan War wargame had a unit with rattles and they were also one of the positive Abomination mutation in 1st Edition.

22 hours ago, Tabris2k said:

So Uji is 6’2”? (That’s about 1,90 m)

Pretty tall for Rokugan, I didn’t remember him being so big in Old5R.

I don't think so either. IIRC Hoturi and Toshimoko were considered the tallest of the Crane and Toshimoko was only 5'7". Satsume and Kuwanan were specifically noted as shorter than either.

Suposedly Kisada was the largest man in Rokugan, followed by Yakamo, and, apparently, Toturi was also unusually tall.

Here's hoping FFG puts the Olyah in.

On 10/4/2018 at 2:07 AM, Suzume Chikahisa said:

I don't think so either. IIRC Hoturi and Toshimoko were considered the tallest of the Crane and Toshimoko was only 5'7". Satsume and Kuwanan were specifically noted as shorter than either.

Suposedly Kisada was the largest man in Rokugan, followed by Yakamo, and, apparently, Toturi was also unusually tall.

Due to a scaling error in the old miniatures game Yoritomo was also depicted as being abnormally large as well and I'm pretty sure that AEG just ran with that as well.

Image is the official Yoritomo and Hida Kisada models for an idea of what I mean. They were to scale with the Ogre models rather than the normal models and were on 40mm bases instead of the standard 25mm bases like most models..

Image result for clan war miniatures hida kisada

1 hour ago, Schmoozies said:

Due to a scaling error in the old miniatures game Yoritomo was also depicted as being abnormally large as well and I'm pretty sure that AEG just ran with that as well.

Image is the official Yoritomo and Hida Kisada models for an idea of what I mean. They were to scale with the Ogre models rather than the normal models and were on 40mm bases instead of the standard 25mm bases like most models..

Image result for clan war miniatures hida kisada

Never had any of those miniatures.

****, they made Yoritomo huge. Kisada was meant to have the big infantry base, as were his yojimbo, but Yoritomo was made even bigger.

15 minutes ago, Suzume Chikahisa said:

Never had any of those miniatures.

****, they made Yoritomo huge. Kisada was meant to have the big infantry base, as were his yojimbo, but Yoritomo was made even bigger.

Oh yeah, apparently the sculptor had only done the larger size models for them up to that point and so was unaware they were working in 28mm scale instead of 40 something. Did ensure that Yoritomo had a commanding presence on the battlefield though.

Was always funny to see Yoritomo and Kisada next to my Shoju, Hoturi and Toturi minis..... Hated to see massive Yoritomo, myself.

9 minutes ago, OokamiGauru said:

Was always funny to see Yoritomo and Kisada next to my Shoju, Hoturi and Toturi minis..... Hated to see massive Yoritomo, myself.

Well, he IS the equivalent of twenty men, right?

11 minutes ago, Waywardpaladin said:

Well, he IS the equivalent of twenty men, right?

If you hadn't said it, I would have.

The first in the L5R minicrate series has arrived... :)

IMG_0064.jpg

I put mine together yesterday. They look great. I can't wait to paint them up.

I got mine last week and assembled them a couple of days ago. Starting to paint so here’s some pictures.

nKgdxMh.jpg

UENv04v.jpg

D1wDZ4r.jpg

Ky5qIxr.jpg

Working on a rocky base to reflect the Dragon clans mountain living.

78egJP5.jpg

faVYokN.jpg

I know they are normally depicted with green flesh. But the model just seemed like it wanted a more human color.

Still a long way to go. But the models are amazing quality.

6 hours ago, BigBadAndy said:

I know they are normally depicted with green flesh. But the model just seemed like it wanted a more human color.

You can leave her with that skin tone, but give it a scaly pattern. Or some green/brown patches here and there.

1 hour ago, Tabris2k said:

You can leave her with that skin tone, but give it a scaly pattern. Or some green/brown patches here and there.

I don’t know if I have the skill to do that, but I will keep it in mind.

9 hours ago, BigBadAndy said:

Still a long way to go. But the models are amazing quality.

Fist rule of mini's painting if you're happy with it who cares what others think.