L5R Discord League

By Matrim, in L5R LCG: Organized Play

As the successfull L5R Discord league starts off its second season leading to a duel winners/promotion league I have made some predictions as to results on the blog

http://www.shirodaidoji.blogspot.co.uk

Feel free to put forward your own candidates or explain why your own chances are better than appear to have predicted!!

Put up a week one report noticing some minor trends and focusing on pods 6,12, 18 and 20.

If anyone notices any incorrect data then please message..

Season two half way report is up. No nice pictures as that was a lot of typing.

Results for season 2 are starting to come clear especially for the 2 sucky drop pods. Up on the blog with added points insults

Pods 1,9,10,22 are practically complete and the results are up for those pods.

Final pod report for pods 2,7,8,17 and 21. All glory to those pods who managed to get a clean result and repetitive spit for those that didn't!

December 2017 World wide League rankings and top ten players by clan is now up on the blog and available. We have several players possibly about to enter 'candidate master' status. Which is impressive.

blog

Edited by Matrim

Pod lists for Season three are now up and I make my usual predictions and comments on pod setup/standards.

Top 64 or the season 2 winners cup has now been posted. Allowing I see them I will add any casts of the games when they occur for those who otherwise cant access the games.

A recap of the 64 is now up as the winners cup starts to heat up.

Winners cup top 32 report. With stats and pretty charts and all... Don't say I don't treat you..

http://shirodaidoji.blogspot.co.uk/

Top 32 Discord cup card meta post up for stats fanatics out there. They do exist apparently. See if you can guess the most popular card prior to visiting the blog. It seems obvious once known but would be in a pack of others prior..

Season Four has now started so the infamous Preview post is up listing all the pods. Read while I gradually run out of things to say concerning twenty f'ing two pods.

Meta post looking at top used cards and general meta deck percentages from the top 32 players is up on shirodaidoji.blogspot.co.uk

Court Games retains its dominance as most used card..

Yet another stat based blogpost. This one looks at what winning/losing means to the cup players ratings, clan participation and strength rates plus other stuff.

February League ratings are up on the blog. Well almost. The league has now been split into five divisions (for old Starcraft fans Diamond, Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze) and each Division into four tiers to provide more color and possibly to help lower ranked players have something to aim for..

The league also has three new candidate masters but is still has not managed a National Master or even more Grand Master (which will be very hard to achieve...)

Half way point report on Season 5 League and the Season 4 Cup. Let's see which might player just got a custard pie in the face..

Season 5 Half way point report

Edited by Matrim

League ELO Ratings are now up for the discord league. Minds Desire continues to push for Master Status but doesn't quite get there.

Top 10s and minor commentary at the blog shirodaidoji.blogspot.com and full lists for the players at shirodaidoji.com

The next elite player preview is up on the blog covering French Crane player Chutereve

https://shirodaidoji.blogspot.co.uk/2018/04/invitational-player-preview-chutereve.html

For those who are unaware the discord league is running an 'invitational' tournament next month with 16 invited players who will represent a selection of the worlds top players. To enter players have to have to have won a discord cup (currently 4 players will enter by this route LtMechanicus, Wydwen (twice) MindsDesire and whoever wins the current running cup. Then 8 slots will go to players who have gained cup points. These are awarded for reaching high levels in the top cut tournaments over all the leagues. So consistent high and deep performers will enter through this route. Finally four places will be awarded to players from the currently running LastChanceQualifier. This tournament was opened to any player who had reached the cup previously and any other player who had reached the second day of any major tournament. From this we have several Kotei winners currently competing. The top four from the tournament will also get in..