Eratta righteous fury and accurate weapons.

By Professor Tanhauser, in Deathwatch Rules Questions

OK, using eratta righteous fury plus a weapon with accuracy question. Accurate weapons can give you a +d10 damage per 2 DoS, maximum +2d10 on an aimed single shot.

So let's say you score a hit with an aaccurate weapon on a single shot. You get a really good hit and do like 3d10, an one die comes up a 10 . Now if you roll a second identical attack and make a success with several DoS do they add damage dice or does it Maxout at just 1d10 under the eratta version of righteous fury?

I don't know. I mean I approve of the big nerf RF got in tthe eratta, it was too powerful. Still, in this case you're limited to an accurate weapon firing a single, aimed shot. I know RF was nerfed to keep bolters from one shoting hive tyrants too often , but it is 40k, and the image of the mmarine calmly aiming his accurate bolter at a hive tyrant charging, firing a single shot and ending up doing 6d10+9(hit for 1d10+9, 2d10 for 4 DoS , 1d10 for basic RF plus another 2d10 for 4 DoS on the second hit roll.)

Huge target ,close range, bonus for accurate weapon to BS, aim bonus... It's not impossible some guy might roll 2 cconsecutive hits with 4 DoS.

Or would he Max at 4d10+9 regardless of his DoS on the second roll?

So, my brothers, what sayeth ye? I'm leaning towards letting him add d10s for DoS on the RF attack roll given the limited conditions this could happen under. OK, so maybe a bolt pistol one shots a hive tyrant under these conditions, it would sure as hell be rare, and if a player manages to do it he deserves to become a legend. (I'd still check his dice if this happened tho.)

Dammit I'm so sick of my posts doubling. It's not something I want, you know.

I was thinking that allowing accurate weapons to do more damage on an aimed shot with RF and a good roll would make assassins and snipers who often use accurate weapons especially deadly, as they should be!

Or would he Max at 4d10+9 regardless of his DoS on the second roll?

This. Except that if added d10 will roll 10 - it's second chance to RF etc, etc. I have Rhino APC one-shooted by hunter rifle - player rolled 5 or 6 "10" in a row.

So how does Errata RF work with weapon qualities in general? Suppose I get RF with a bolter that has the 'tearing' quality. Would I roll 2 dice for the RF damage and keep the higher? Sounds plausible, as bolters are supposed to be badass.

I wish I could help, but I switched over to the Black Crusade on version of RF.

Whuzzat like?

So how does Errata RF work with weapon qualities in general? Suppose I get RF with a bolter that has the 'tearing' quality. Would I roll 2 dice for the RF damage and keep the higher? Sounds plausible, as bolters are supposed to be badass.

No, by RAW it is only " roll one additional Damage dice (1d10) and add it to the Damage total "

However, I always use houserule that Tearing allow you to roll 2 dice and keep higher even in RF case.

Whuzzat like?

Basically if any roll of the damage die is a 10, roll a 1d5 result on the appropriate crit damage table if the attack caused damage. if no damage was caused after armor/toughness ( say auto pistol to hive tyrant scenario) than 1 point of damage is applied to character hit. The critical damage result does not count for the purpose of worsting crit damage. ( so say you got a 4 on the table due to RF, and then another attack drops the health to -1, that character is still at -1, not -5.

I widh tbe writers would drop In here once in a while and comment on rules questions.

I think you forgot about the Deathwatch Training. There is no roll to confirm RF against Xenos, so if what you thought about would work, it would only work against traitors, which seems quite unbalanced.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's a loooong time since a writer has been on the forum (or they are successfully rolling on concealment all the time).

Edited by Avdnm

IIRC the extra D10s from accurate are unable to proc a RF roll. (and therefore need to be rolled separately from the rest of the damage)

Edited by Kamikazzijoe

IIRC the extra damage dice from accurate can also cause RF in DW 1.2, but not in DH2.

RF adds a single d10 of damage, regardless of weapon stats.