Questions about last nights game...

By AsmodeusDM, in Battlestar Galactica

Awesome game btw.. I won .. after getting the sympathizer card as Boomer in a 4-player game... our player had messed up and didn't include the you are the cylon card. But Baltar and Tyrol were so convinced that each other was the cylon they kept each other in the brig for the rest of the game and I won.. since the adama player had used both nukes .. and the last crisis card dealt right before final Kobol jump was the Cylon detector card... with no nuke to expand the lost the last of their morale.

Okay.

1. Is it just me or does it suck to be the sympathizer? You don't get a super crisis card, you are automatically revealed, am I missing something?

2. On the sympathizer card it says you can't use the cylon fleet action.. and clearly you can't use the res ship (because you have no super crisis card), does this mean you are limited to Caprica each and every turn for the rest of the game?

3. Can a character (in this case Boomer) continue to use their Character Card abilities after being revealed as a Cylon and/or Sympathizer. i.e. can Boomer continue to recon at the end of her turn? Could she still user her once per game ability to pass/fail any skill check?

4. It is right that a Viper and Galactica have the same chance to destroy a heavy raider (7-8)?

AsmodeusDM said:

1. Is it just me or does it suck to be the sympathizer? You don't get a super crisis card, you are automatically revealed, am I missing something?

Nope. Sucks to be him.

AsmodeusDM said:

2. On the sympathizer card it says you can't use the cylon fleet action.. and clearly you can't use the res ship (because you have no super crisis card), does this mean you are limited to Caprica each and every turn for the rest of the game?

Almost. Remember that you can also give your unrevealed loyalty cards to another player.

AsmodeusDM said:

3. Can a character (in this case Boomer) continue to use their Character Card abilities after being revealed as a Cylon and/or Sympathizer. i.e. can Boomer continue to recon at the end of her turn? Could she still user her once per game ability to pass/fail any skill check?

No, she cannot. Once you are a Cylon, you immediatly lose all powers on your card and get the Cylon treatment. Therefore: Always remember to reveal yourself AFTER you used your once-per-game-ability.

AsmodeusDM said:

4. It is right that a Viper and Galactica have the same chance to destroy a heavy raider (7-8)?

Yes. Galactica is supposed to take out Basestars, not heavy raiders. Plus they ARE tough.

Dont forget pumpkin bombing the hell out of galactica