Force power use

By khaine1969, in Proofreading Changes

Pg. 278 in the EoTE book describes force powers starting with Activation, then ongoing effects, then force power breakdown.

AoR Pg. 194 force power listing does not contain any rules for the sustained powers.

Someone without EoTE wouldn't know how powers that you have to commit a die for work.

T

Unrelated, but why does an x-wing have more armor then the y-wing, and b-wing? both have always been represented as being much heavier and better armored then the x-wing.

Edited by khaine1969

Does AoR have powers that are sustained in it? If not, then that'd explain why.

Good point, but yes it does. Enhance has 2 control upgrades that are sustainable. one for +1 brawn, and the other for +1 agility

T

I wonder if that was purposefully left out by FFG.

Odd choice if that is the case, unless they are planning to remove the whole "dedicate Force dice to Ongoing Effects" part of Force Powers... which would be a change that I'm not in support of, seeing as how some of those Ongoing Effects (looking at you, Sense with your attack and defense Control Upgrades) are pretty powerful. I'd shudder to think of how many cries of "Broken!" we'd have once we start seeing Force-users with all four Ongoing Effects active and still being able to use other powers due to not having to dedicate their 1 or 2 dice of Force Rating to those Ongoing Effects.

Odd choice if that is the case, unless they are planning to remove the whole "dedicate Force dice to Ongoing Effects" part of Force Powers... which would be a change that I'm not in support of, seeing as how some of those Ongoing Effects (looking at you, Sense with your attack and defense Control Upgrades) are pretty powerful. I'd shudder to think of how many cries of "Broken!" we'd have once we start seeing Force-users with all four Ongoing Effects active and still being able to use other powers due to not having to dedicate their 1 or 2 dice of Force Rating to those Ongoing Effects.

Agreed

T