"Use the Force Luke…" as a PC Build!?

By Guest, in General Discussion

This build I stumbled on is a kick… It's a "Zero-to-Hero" build… I think a may just have to actually play this build… The fun which could be had at the game table is simply too tempting! Here are the numbers:

(Note: I am aware that this build functions on a lot choices that may not be the most wise at the beggining… That said)

Human, Explorer

+10 XP additional Obligation needed (120 XP build)

All characteristics start at 2

Skills (all starting at rank 1): Astrogate, Charm, Cool, Discipline, Pilot (Planet), Pilot (Space), Survival, Vigilance

Force Sensitive Exile: Uncanny Reactions / Scout: Stalker > Quick Strike > Let's Ride (20 XP for additional Specialization, 30 XP for Talents)

Force Powers: Sense > Control Upgrade > Duration Upgrade > Strength Upgrade > Control Upgrade (70 XP for power and uprades)

Yes… It is an odd build… Yup… No combat skills… it is a Scout though. But… Activate that Sense power and it all changes! Convert 2 ability dice to 2 proficiency dice for attack skills! (Brawl, Gunnery, Melee, Ranged - Light & Ranged Heavy), as well as the ability to upgrade the difficulty of attacks targetting you twice! With Blaster Pistols modified to provide Quick Draw (Filled Front Sight) and being sure to activate that Sense power before combat starts, this build can make for an interesting combatant… especially during that 1st confused round.

I am sure many out there would not have as much fun as I with a build like this, but something about it just tickles me! With that Sense power providing Offensive skill on par with any other starting character across the range of possible weapon types… as well as the defensive boost potential… The build can hang in the midst of a firefight (or starfighter fight) with the best of them!

Maybe this should be the "Use the Force Luke…" build ;)

Final Note (to self): Stop posting builds…

I like it when people post builds!

That's my .02 credits.

Thank you for the encouragement… PC buils are the first way I come to understand a system… Build a few… Pit them against each other… Test the limits of a system. So, I make lots of builds… Some very "odd" as above… some very standard.

The thing about the above build is that whole "Zero to Hero" aspect just has a lot of good roleplaying moments "built-in"… Avoiding trouble trying to get the Sense power to trigger… Telling people "You don't really know how to use a blaster"… and being honest! I picture the build as being full of "swagger"… The sort that gets by because they simply believe they can… And that belief is so singlely focused that they do things they should not be able to…

Anyway… It is a favorite…