Is the game good?

By Julia, in Olympus

Any feedback after the first games? How's the game? Hope this forum's dead because the rules are really solid and not because the game is not interesting.

It is a nice game, but it will really depend on your play group. Personally, my group and I feel that the war strategy is very strong so the game gets very little play (everyone is always paranoid of being attacked).

SockPuppet said:

It is a nice game, but it will really depend on your play group. Personally, my group and I feel that the war strategy is very strong so the game gets very little play (everyone is always paranoid of being attacked).

Is it so catastrophic the warfare? Anyway, thanks for your comments :-)

I can understand Puppet comment since my group is a bit divided...there's the ones that don't like direct conflict so won't play awesome games like Runewars. There's the others that say they like conflict and war games but when you attack them they blame the rules or the player attacking them cause the player next to him is clearly in advance and should be attacked instead and there's the last remnants that genuinly like those games hahah.

I LOVE this game. I have to say I bought it a few years ago, read the rules and put it away. I didn't think it would be fun. I played Lords of Waterdeep and loved it to death. Lords made me think of Olympus, so I took it down and tried it out. It was fun, nasty, clever and tense. Everything I want in a game. AND I haven't won yet!

Give this game a chance.