The Adventurer series

By Julia, in The Adventurers: The Temple of Chac

It seems like this one and The Pyramid of Horus are part of the same series of games. Never played any of the originals, though. Any thoughts / considerations on the kind of games they are / the originals were? Very luck dependant, or strategy has an important role as well? How many games were in the original series?

Personally, I really enjoyed FFG version of Pyramid of Horus. It's a game that I can play with my family, who aren't gamers, and my gaming group when we just want to play a fast game. It is mostly chance with some strategy. Really, it is just about greed. It's an easy game for any skill or age level which is why I like it a lot. Plus, being an archaeologist might sway me just a little bit to favor this game.

IronRavenstorm said:

Personally, I really enjoyed FFG version of Pyramid of Horus. It's a game that I can play with my family, who aren't gamers, and my gaming group when we just want to play a fast game. It is mostly chance with some strategy. Really, it is just about greed. It's an easy game for any skill or age level which is why I like it a lot. Plus, being an archaeologist might sway me just a little bit to favor this game.

I see. So, it's something "Dungeonquest oriented", isn't it? What about the replayability?

And thx for the feedback :-)

I have both of them and enjoy them both quite a lot. It's bascially run as fast as you can to get as much tresure as you can and get out alive.

The two versions have some differences in how they play and feel and my group is split over which one they like more. I would say the Pyramid is the slightly more tactical one while Chauc is the more tense one.

Very glad to see this game being re-released (I missed out the first time round).

I wonder if FFG will also re-release the pre-painted mini's? (Big hint) gui%C3%B1o.gif

We really enjoy playing the first one, it's a very casual game with a race against time element. I've had some of out serious gamers pick it up because they know they can get their non-gamer friends to play with them. We'll definitely get this one as well. There is a high fun element to this series.

Anyone heard anything about this release? Q3 has come and gone. My daughter's really looking forward to this one.

I love the Temple of Chac. I just wish there was a way to combine it wtih the Pyramid of Horus to make a longer dungeon delving game.

Thinking about picking this up. What is the main difference between the alderac and the ffg version?