I'm about to buy it…should I?

By SolennelBern, in Horus Heresy

Considering that I have a 2-player weekly night of board games (mondays)…

Considering that we love well thought out, heavy themed and not dumbed down 2-player games…

Considering that 1 of us (not me) don't like games like Runewars or Eclipse, where there's too much things to think about/do during your turn…

Considering that time is not an issue, so 4 hours games are fine as long as they're fun…

Considering that I love minis and tokens and cards and stuff…

Considering that we both like the WH40K universe…

Considering that I have 100 bucks screming to get out of my wallet…

I'm considering lots of games to add to my collection of mostly fantasy themed games we love to play, like Talisman, Runebound 2nd (with lots of expansions), WH:I, Dust Tactics, Lords of Waterdeep, Wiz-War, DungeonQuest, Summoner Wars, Ares Project, Claustrophobia+exp…

I'm considering mostly Horus Heresy (#1 on my list), Nexus Ops, Mansions of Madness…any games that is really enjoyable with 2 players. More players is optional for my next purchase.

So, should I?

I want to say, "yes" but I think it's wise to say no. It's not a game you can just pick up and enjoy, I think it's a game that really takes some psyching up to play because it's not easy, it's a bit one sided, it's more or less the same every time you play it.

however I bought it because I love the Horus hersey story, I have all the books and buy them on release. I bought an old 80's copy of Rogue Trader for even more flavour. ANd then I got this game, and I played it 3 times in a year. It's a big ass game, it looks really nice and it's got some pretty cool stratedgy behind it but I am sure if you buy it, you will agree that it's one sided.

If you have surplus cash, buy it, if you are on a budget and can't get games so often…get something else.

Seeing that my steady 2-player game partner (my bro) and knowing that he, as I, love everything Lovecraft, I ended up buying Mansions of Madness. :(

One day HH…ONE DAY, you'll be mine!

yes you should opened up mine last week so awesome it looks beautiful pieces are a bit tiny but well made i also recommend tannhauser and dust tactics you can browse and find a good priced horus heresy. well age of conan is at a very good price and has awesome quality too you can play with 4 players but you can play with 2 and manage 2 armies yourself theres 4 in total

FFG Sale = Yeah!!!!!!!!!

Getting Horus Heresy for 50% of the price I would pay at my FLGS = Pricelessly half price!

Ordered it a few minutes ago and wow I want to play this game like right now!

Due, they even got more in stock! I was sure I had missed out, but I just snagged my copy. I have wanted this game for a while, but $100 is a bit much for a game. $25 is much better.

So happy…

Duncan

Don't miss out on this one. It plays well, just needs a trial game and some re-reading. BGG has some great files that clear things up and run the game smothly. I learned to play with my 14 yr old son, we had a great time.