Overlord Monster Attacks

By Aaediyen, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

So, I have come to impose a question about a topic that is a fundamental of Descent. One of the players in my gaming group has come up with the idea that nowhere in the rules does it say the overlords monsters can attack twice in a round like the heroes can. They can only attack, and then move, or move then attack. Being as it is a game fundamental, I wanted to get it cleared up before our next "nerd night".

Thank You

You should read again.

Pg. 9, base rules: When a monster is activated, it may move a number of spaces up to its speed and make one attack .

Thank you, I did what you suggested and read over the rules again. :) I will adjust our game accordingly.

Parathion said:

You should read again.

Pg. 9, base rules: When a monster is activated, it may move a number of spaces up to its speed and make one attack .

The rules state also that the attack can be made at any point during the monster movement, just like any Hero does.

I wanted to add this because I made that mistake in my very first game of Descent, years ago. I had monsters move and THEN attack, wasting extra movement points, or attack and THEN move. I'm not sure if Aaediyen understood this as well.

The others are correct, as is your friend. Normally, monsters are only allowed to move their Speed and make one attack. Monsters with the Quick Shot ability may attack twice and move, but no monsters get to choose an Action, like heroes do. The trade off is cards like Charge and Rage, which give your monster an extra move or an extra attack ON TOP of their normal actions.