Animate weapons - Blast and Taunt

By Moneseki, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

1. We are wondering if the Animate Weapons attack can be taunted(atm ruled as no).

2. Also, if a hero affected by Animate Weapons has a blast weapon, will the blast affect nearby heros? If yes, a nearby hero is dodging, will the dodge only work for the dodging hero, or will it the entire blast be dodged?

In advance thanks for input.

Moneseki said:

1. We are wondering if the Animate Weapons attack can be taunted(atm ruled as no).

2. Also, if a hero affected by Animate Weapons has a blast weapon, will the blast affect nearby heros? If yes, a nearby hero is dodging, will the dodge only work for the dodging hero, or will it the entire blast be dodged?

1. If I undersand yuor question, I think that you can use feat cards. (Taunt=avoid?)
  2. Yes.
  3. The entire blast is dodged.

gran_orco said:

Moneseki said:

1. If I undersand yuor question, I think that you can use feat cards. (Taunt=avoid?)
  2. Yes.
  3. The entire blast is dodged.

We dont have the expansion with feats. I was more thinking of the skill Taunt. Animate Weapons says every hero in the dungeon must make one attack that only affects himself. Since the attack can only affect himself, it seems like it cant be taunted(thereby affecting another figure). Yet, if the hero has a blastweapon, the attack would affect other heroes within the blast, meaning the Animate Weaponcard is not entirely fulfilled.

Moneseki said:

No. Taunt specifically works on enemy figures. Although in a Dark charm friendly and enemy is reversed, this is not the case for Animate Weapons. The attacks are not 'directed' by the OL, but each figure only attacking itself.

Further, as mentioned, the figures are explicitly only attacking themselves, not making a general attack (its the weapons attacking the figures, not the people attacking themselves).