When the Dickens will this be released?!

By book2, in Cold War: CIA vs KGB

I remember reading a post that said late December, but here we are knee-deep in January with no word of the game or when it will hit the streets.

Anyone have any info on this? I am eager to purchase it!

I too have been waiting to buy this game. I've been checking frequently to see if there is any news on it, or better yet, its actual release. I've actually been trying for the best part of a year to get my hands on this game since the first edition went out of print. I thought I had missed the boat until I saw news last September that the game would be re-released. I didn't think I would have too long to wait as I read that release would be the 4th quarter of 2011.

I have even held off buying another game by FFG until Cold War gets released, so I can buy everything together (and I keep thinking it won't be much longer now). Knowing my luck, by the time Cold War is available, the other game I am after will go out of print! lengua.gif

FFG has been a bit behind for all of the games I am into... AGoT and LotR expansions were later than expected, having a hard time getting ahold of some other stuff, I've learned that their "estimates" truly are estimates.

I am quite surprised in Cold War 's case though as it is supposedly just a reprint (with certain cosmetic changes). The only other things I can think of is that they were possibly reviewing the rules and gameplay, or that it is a lower profile game compared to other FFG titles. Hopefully I don't sound too rude in saying that!

Solaris_Wave said:

I am quite surprised in Cold War 's case though as it is supposedly just a reprint (with certain cosmetic changes). The only other things I can think of is that they were possibly reviewing the rules and gameplay, or that it is a lower profile game compared to other FFG titles. Hopefully I don't sound too rude in saying that!

The rules and gameplay haven't changed, only the contents, so it's not a design issue. I guess it's a problem at the printers.

Right now the date is shown as
Expected by: 1st Quarter 2012

Thanks for the update. It is sadly, a vague one. Release date could be anywhen between now and the end of April...possibly. gui%C3%B1o.gif It is only an estimate after all. It could even slip to the second quarter for instance.

I think what I will do is leave it until the end of January, just to see if it appears by then. If not then I will just go ahead and order the other game I have been wanting ( Space Hulk: Death Angel ). I've been putting it off for months, all for the sake of Cold War , thinking it will just be one more week and then it will be out.

Waiting for this game kind of feels like it is turning into a cold war all of its own. lengua.gif

I have a copy that I purchased used last year. I believe it has been released and may be an upcoming re-release? You may be able to find it used online. My wife and I enjoy playing it quite a bit! Good luck!

clarkgixxer said:

I have a copy that I purchased used last year. I believe it has been released and may be an upcoming re-release? You may be able to find it used online. My wife and I enjoy playing it quite a bit! Good luck!

Yeah, there is a re-release planned but it is taking a very long time to come out. The date/month/quarter keeps slipping. I suspect there is an enemy agent up to no good. Probably working undercover at FFG itself. cool.gif

I did try pretty hard to get the first edition and was looking everywhere I could online. I also tried to find the game used. However, it was being sold at ridiculous prices, probably due to its apparent out of print status. That's why I was happy to read about its reprint last September. I didn't think I would have long to wait but I was wrong. It's annoying because it looks like it is a great game (and I love the theme and artwork to it) and I keep reading about how fun it is to play, but I can't play it. It's been nearly a year now since I first spotted it.