Any suggestions for card sleeve protectors for the character sheets?

By Lindelos, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I've already got the 'standard' card sleeve protectors for the game cards themselves and I'm hoping to find something that is quite a bit larger for the character sheets. Any recommendations? I don't want to laminate them as that can yellow after a while.

Copy the cards and laminate the copies?

The only thing I can think of are the binder sleeves for 8.5 x 11" sheets... If they're too bulky you could use scissors to cut them shorter ;-)

The only other thing I can suggest is to have your players keep their hero and such on a scrapbook page (i.e. the kind used to store and preserve photographs)

Unhallowed said:

This what I did, only I didn't "copy" them first, I just brought them all to Stapples and had them laminated.

It makes them extremly resistant ... Much better than a sleeve IMO.

Unhallowed said:

This is what I did and it worked great. I actually scanned it, made it bigger (8.5 x 11) printed the sheet in color and then laminated it...worked great

Beldorn

I have same problem how to protect ALL 730pcs. Descent cards. I was trying sleeves Pro-Select but are wider and short too. Know someone where can buy correct type? What kind of card protect sleeve do you use? Thanx for reply

For both Descent and twilight imperium I used my home laminator to laminate all the character and race and overlord cards... unfortunatly the laminates for cards are rediculously expensive and using the regular card sleves unlaminated is verry unwieldly due to the custom sizes...

oh and it also means less counter confusion cause we can use dry erase markers :D

For the Caracter cards I scanned the lot, corrected appropreate errata, then had them printed as digital photographs. I hmade similar card backs, stuck them together & cut them out.

Not only do they look good, but they're resiliant and can be replaced cheaply if damaged.

For normal cards, Ultra-Pro Yu-Gi-Oh card sleeves are the exact right size. Other brands don't really cut it. Alas, they haven't made the "clear-both-sides" type in years, and I've not enough to do the full Descent set...

thanx for advice all of you

I found some 4x6 inch protectors at Office Depot. They area little bit big for the character sheets, but are the closest ones I could find.

Personally I just make a point of keeping drinks and greasy foods away from my games. That doesn't mean we don't eat such food while playing, we just keep them in a place separate enough that they won't get the game if they spill and we're careful about wiping off our hands. Haven't had any issues yet with damaged products.

If this thread is still current, you might want to look at the character sleeves that the Thai Boardgame Group made for Talisman, which are the same size as Descent and DungeonQuest hero cards...

Ebay Link

$(KGrHqV,!h0E4qmp+CVSBOPqq(u2CQ~~0_12.JP

talismanisland said:

If this thread is still current, you might want to look at the character sleeves that the Thai Boardgame Group made for Talisman, which are the same size as Descent and DungeonQuest hero cards...

Ebay Link

$(KGrHqV,!h0E4qmp+CVSBOPqq(u2CQ~~0_12.JP

2nd this, I bought them and they work great.