Is 1A Seasons of the Witch broken? SPOILERS!!

By player1500752, in Mansions of Madness

SPOILERS

Spoilers 1A!!!!

The Investigators have to destroy and object found in a certain room.Keeper has to drive all Investigators insane. With 4 Investigators, I can get enough threat to Summon all Shogoths (2), Hounds(2), Zombies (4)and Cultists (6) within 16 turns,w, with 28 threat left over for other nasty stuff.Then I keep getting more threat after turn 16 for nasty stuff. In addition there are nasty event cards.The Investigators will have to go in a room with all those nasty things, evade to explore to get the object, evade to destroy the object, take all kinds of horror checks...I have to kill alll Investigators or have the remaining ones go insane. Not hard in such a room. How is this not broken?

I would say killing the investigators is not a win for the keeper, to win the keeper must drive all the investigators insane, a dead investigator is not insane and so the witch cannot claim there souls. If you kill any investigators after the objective is revealed the best you can hope for is a draw

Keeper can win by eliminating all investigators after the Objective has been revealed:

"In addition to completing his story objective, the keeper
also wins if all of the investigators are eliminated." (p. 6)

Personally, if I saw all those monsters in the final room, I'd just ignore it and head back into the Witch-House and take the draw. Or have someone with buttload of Sanity and Cult Robes move in, explore and move out. Note that only one Evade per monster per turn is needed, so once you rolled Evade before Exploring, you can move out of the room without needing another round of Evades. If fleeing really frisky and know the Bind Monster Spell deck and have been using it, might move in and cast BM that stuns all the monsters in the room. Man, would that piss off the Keeper partido_risa.gif !!!

I guess it depends if, as Keeper, you're more interested in winning or providing a fun game. Me personally? I try to selectively choose when to play certain cards and how many monsters I keep on the board. Yeah, I might lose; but then I've got 4 other people who feel they really fought to win that game. I never lose on purpose, but I try to make it challenging for everyone; myself included.

Someday, I'd like to play as an Investigator, but I know some of my friends would whomp on us as Keeper just because they could. That's the only reason I'm a little hesitant to relinquish my awesome power to someone else.

Dam said:

Keeper can win by eliminating all investigators after the Objective has been revealed:

"In addition to completing his story objective, the keeper
also wins if all of the investigators are eliminated." (p. 6)

Personally, if I saw all those monsters in the final room, I'd just ignore it and head back into the Witch-House and take the draw. Or have someone with buttload of Sanity and Cult Robes move in, explore and move out. Note that only one Evade per monster per turn is needed, so once you rolled Evade before Exploring, you can move out of the room without needing another round of Evades. If fleeing really frisky and know the Bind Monster Spell deck and have been using it, might move in and cast BM that stuns all the monsters in the room. Man, would that piss off the Keeper partido_risa.gif !!!

That would be awesome!

causeitwasfunny said:

I guess it depends if, as Keeper, you're more interested in winning or providing a fun game. Me personally? I try to selectively choose when to play certain cards and how many monsters I keep on the board. Yeah, I might lose; but then I've got 4 other people who feel they really fought to win that game. I never lose on purpose, but I try to make it challenging for everyone; myself included.

Someday, I'd like to play as an Investigator, but I know some of my friends would whomp on us as Keeper just because they could. That's the only reason I'm a little hesitant to relinquish my awesome power to someone else.

I am a bit reluctant myself... but it seems I have been "forced" to try as a player... wonder if they want me to feel the pain I've caused on them... :P