Kneeling for attacking/defending?

By Steelemdv94, in 2. AGoT Rules Discussion

When does this technically take place. As your naming your Att/Def - ers. Or after the challenge is completely resolved? I had Crows Eye's out and I want to attack with him. He says while standing everyone I control gains stealth. Will I be able to use stealth before attacking?

Also, Have another question that came up. We where playing the Kingsmoot rules. When someone wins initiative they gain control of the Pirate Marauder. Lets say I have Pirate Marauder. We reveal plots, and someone else wins initiative, they gain control of pirate Marauder. Do they also gain the +2 gold, or do they have to have that card previously to get the 2 gold? Same question about Priest of the Drowned God, if someone takes that from someone, do they get the additional bonus power?

Steelemdv94 said:

When does this technically take place. As your naming your Att/Def - ers. Or after the challenge is completely resolved? I had Crows Eye's out and I want to attack with him. He says while standing everyone I control gains stealth. Will I be able to use stealth before attacking?

I noticed that quite a few of your questions are about timing issues. If you have yet to check out the FAQ, I highly recommend you ceck that out first. The flowcharts clearly spell out when you can use stealth.

The quick answer is no.

the1andonlime has the right of it. You'll understand it best if you have a look at the timing structure in the FAQ yourself (you find the FAQ in the Support section).

You'll find that declaring attackers and kneeling them happens simultaneously. Then there will be an opportunity to declare the targets for Stealth, and then the defender declares and kneels his defenders. So if you attack with Euron, he is knelt by the time you are able to declare your targets for Stealth, so all characters that gained their stealth solely through Euron's ability have lost it when he was declared and knelt as an attacker.

Steelemdv94 said:

Also, Have another question that came up. We where playing the Kingsmoot rules. When someone wins initiative they gain control of the Pirate Marauder. Lets say I have Pirate Marauder. We reveal plots, and someone else wins initiative, they gain control of pirate Marauder. Do they also gain the +2 gold, or do they have to have that card previously to get the 2 gold? Same question about Priest of the Drowned God, if someone takes that from someone, do they get the additional bonus power?

The answer to both of these questions is yes. If you look at the Kingsmoot rules document, it answers your questions explicitly with the italics on the second page.