pre painted figures

By loken14, in Gears of War: The Board Game

i noticed on some of ffg's other games they made pre painted figures and while normally i wouldnt buy them i love gow prolly the only xbox game i actually like so wat r the chances of ffg releasin gow pre painted figures i have no painting skills to paint them myself unfortuneatly

Heroclix figs would make a good pre-painted substitute. I don't think FFG is going to get into the habit of releasing pre-painted figs for all their minis games (if they were I would expect them to just start including pre-painted figs in the box - it's got to be more cost-effective that way.)

Having said that, I would encourage you to take a stab at painting your own (original) figs if it's something you really want for your game. Honestly, painting minis isn't half as hard as it looks, and you'll never know how good you are until you try. Find some spare minis from something else (or buy a small blister from some collectible game to experiment with) if you don't want to risk ruining your GoW minis on a first try. It'll be cheaper than collecting Heroclix figs for everything you'd need anyway. Who knows? You just might enjoy the hobby. =)

thanks 4 the suggestions idk i just figured it might be similar to tannhauser because this seems similar

loken14 said:

thanks 4 the suggestions idk i just figured it might be similar to tannhauser because this seems similar

On the bright side, it won't take a lot to paint the COGs and the Locusts (genestealers) are what...2 colors? And then a dip and they should be done. I know, sounds easy....to easy...something must be up.

loken14 said:

FWIW, Tannhauser had pre-painted figs since before FFG bought it out from the original publisher, so they're really just following the established precedent on that one.

I'm not arguing that it would be nice to see more games with pre-painted figs - that would be awesome. But it doesn't seem to be going that way, at least right now.

A little late but,GoW has a fair amount of figs where as Tanhauser,Cadwallen , the Adventures & such have only a few so it's doubtful FFG is going to offer PP for GoW as the cost would at least = the Game price.

OD

I plan on painting mine. I've been painting minis for awhile now, so I'm going to start right away on my COG figures first.

has there been any word on wether they will be releasing pre painted minis because i would love to get some offically painted ones maybe even painted locusts

I bought an ultramarine 40k starter pack with brushed and paint so as to paint my GoW miniatures. I tried on the ultramarines and doesn't find it difficult to get a really good and satisfying result for gaming (not for a sculpture/proGW/WFP guy).

Black Undercoat, some flat color with application, one dry brush to clear the edges, and finally a bit of ink to darken the depth.

I'm a total noob.